Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking Pages Together

Hey,

I have been using Blue Voda for a couple of days, and have created new pages and also linking buttons on the side of each page. How can i get the links to work to link to a page that isn't published online?

So baisically i have created multiple pages by clicking 'new page.' How do i get each page to link to each other by the click of a button without publishing it online and it works when i click preview? Or do i make new pages in a different way? or can i stil link them? How do i link them please!!

NEED URGENT HELP!!!

Re: Linking Pages Together

Originally posted by Mark991 View Post
    Hey,

I have been using Blue Voda for a couple of days, and have created new pages and also linking buttons on the side of each page. How can i get the links to work to link to a page that isn't published online?

So baisically i have created multiple pages by clicking 'new page.' How do i get each page to link to each other by the click of a button without publishing it online and it works when i click preview? Or do i make new pages in a different way? or can i stil link them? How do i link them please!!

NEED URGENT HELP!!!
    Dear Mark, let me get this straight: you want to link back and forth in the browser preview mode so you can view unpublished .bvp-page-files that are in your "BlueVoda" folder in your "My Documents" folder, and all of these pages are not even published yet?

Forgive me for asking, but why would you need to link to each unpublished .bvp page-file within your hard drive and being that they can only be viewed on your PC monitor and no one else's?

If it is to verify successful linking, then your purpose will be defeated even if successful, because you will eventually have to change all of your links to actual www.yoursite.com/xxx.html, or.php files eventually, and do this all over again.

I don't mean to be obtuse, or rude, but you have my curiosity going here!

Best regards,
    John

Edit: Another thought is for you to go ahead and publish these pages because they will not appear on any search engine until you submit to Google or some other SE.

Think of your web site as a ship floating around in deep Internet Space. Until you submit (send out a signal) to the planet Google and get picked up by it's robot satellites and accepted into the planetary system for page rank, etc., then you will be ignored and floating around.

It is much better to do it this way and perfect your links in the real Internet Deep Space, rather than do this in the Micro Space in your Hard Drive, where nothing matters (file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Owner's/LOCALS~1/Temp/preview/preview.html type links)
    and everything will have to be changed for deep space travel anyways (to http://www.yoursite.com type links)

Comment

Hey,

I understand the curiosity of your comment. Part of my uni assignment is to design a webpage that my marker can view off my usb stick (not published). So the best way for her to view it is by clicking the 'Preview' button, but this means all the tabs will have to link to each other and be fully functional as if it was an actual website. Is there anyway i am able to do this?

Thanks

Comment

NO...you have to publish the pages before you can see links working :(
        It is like that.......
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

OK, thankyou anyway :) I will have to use a different publisher. do you know of any? This was the best one i found:)

Comment

Why not have your marker install the BV Builder in his/her desktop, and then you can simply attach a .rar file (with the .bvp files inside) to an email and send to the marker?

Comment

Working...
            X