• Show
Clear All
  • craigbenson
    Corporal

• Jul 2009

Add-on Domains and Email

Hello eveyone

Looking for your help please!

I have just completed my website www.blackcountrywebsites.co.uk which as you will see offers my services as a website designer for the small business.

This domain is an add-on domain to my VH account registered to www.brooke-house.com

Of course, I will be hoping that people will employ me to design their websites - but I have a couple of questions.

If and when I get work for websites from other people, am I able to add-on all of the new domains to my VH account free of charge, and if so, is there a limit (who knows I might get busy!)

Also, about email ....

If joe bloggs orders a website (lets call it www.joebloggs.co.uk) and I build it for him as one of my add-on domains, could someone please tell me how to configure it that he has his own email account/s - i.e nfo@joebloggs.co.uk - and how would he access his email independently (will he need a username and password and how do i do this?)

Thanks for your time
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: Add-on Domains and Email

You can not use the addon domain feature for businesses you dont own!

If you want to build websites for other people/ or businesses then get them to sign up with VH and ask them for the log in credentials or get them to forward you the welcome email with all this stuff on it.

They will have a control panel independant to yours and you would set up the email addresses the same way as you've done yours
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• craigbenson
      Corporal

• Jul 2009

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
      You can not use the addon domain feature for businesses you dont own!

If you want to build websites for other people/ or businesses then get them to sign up with VH and ask them for the log in credentials or get them to forward you the welcome email with all this stuff on it.

They will have a control panel independant to yours and you would set up the email addresses the same way as you've done yours
      Ok, that makes sense ...

Let me ask another question, if they paid me, and I then signed up for and paid for a seperate VH account for each person (probably yearly) I would be able to do that in my name I assume using my same email address?

So I would have multiple VH accounts under my email address, all paid for each year seperately (but with a free domain of course)

Does that make sense?

Thanks again

Comment

• DarrenC
        Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Thats OK. When you go through the process of paying you can 'add to my account'

So yes you can have mutiple VH accounts under your billing account (I've never thought of it as under your email address but I guess we mean the same things)

Thats exactly how I do it if my customer wants me to take care of everything. If the customer wants more control then I let them sign up and get them to forward me their email.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• craigbenson
          Corporal

• Jul 2009

Thank you,

You have been very helpful ...

It's all clear now!

Back to work on my pink website.

Comment