This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Question

I am having severe trouble with spam coming through my "contact" page and also through the "wedding application" page of my website.

The best I can tell is they are using a computer program that fills in the blanks with a character or letter and then attaching the spam as links in the comment section.

MY question.... I am wondering if it is possible to use a "secret word", you know the type that can only be seen by the viewer? One that has to be entered prior to submitting?

Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about?

Palm Springs Elopement, Same Day Weddings, Micro Weddings, Venues, Officiant. Elope in Palm Springs. Only Authorized Essential Wedding Service in Palm Springs!

Re: Security Question

Hi Lisa,
    you're talking about "captcha", I think?
    You can find the icon in the long tool bar at the top of a BV page - it's the 1 before the last on the right: "abl" with a check through it
    Hope that helps,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I did find it ! Is there anything special I need to do to activate it? Or does it just do its thing once installed?

Comment

The CAPTCHA tool featured in Blue Voda will provide the level of security that will suffice for nearly any application, but if you wish to have a universal "secret word" access you will need to develop a password protected Directory instead, as that single-entry security function is not part of the random filtering of CAPTCHA.

Once CAPTCHA is installed properly, it will run automatically and perform optimally.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X