Help required please from new Administrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required please from new Administrator

I have taken over the administration of a website for our local football team - www.auchinlecktalbotfc.com.

When I agreed to do this I thought it would be a simple process, however I am having major issues with it. I have all the pages sitting ready to publish however cannot get any further. The previous administrator has given me a username and password.

So when I go to publish (this is the first time the web page has been published from my computer) what server IP do I use and I presume I use the username and password she has given me. I have tried several times and I get the message, cannot link to server.

I have tried to contact support for help however I have been advised that as I am not the main administrator they cant help me?

Please help - our supporters are losing paitence without their website and would really like this operational before the weekend.

Re: Help required please from new Administrator

The previous administrator needs to give you the IP address to publish to, which then needs to be picked from the drop down list when you publish in Blue Voda.

Because you are publishing from a new computer, be aware that you may have all sorts of difficulties with the images and other things that should have been transferred to you from the original computer. I'd recommend two things: Have the original administrator with you (with the original computer if possible) when you go to publish, and publish your first page under a new name so it doesn't overwrite the existing page. Once it looks like you want it to, then correct the name and republish.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi - thanks for your reply. The previous administrator has given me a flash drive with all the details and I have updated the content and changed the images to jpegs on my own PC.

I cant get any help from the previous administrator and this is totally new to me (wish I had never offered my services now)

Comment

as tom has told you, i think the only part you are missing is their ip address. they should have that with the login information that was emailed when they joined. once you have the ip address and you feel that the username and password is correct, then you should not have any trouble with publishing.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

You may not get the help from the previous administrator, but there a lot of good minds here that will.
          so don't feel your alone, have a glass of wine sit back have a rest. then start from the beginning. and when you get stuck ask.
          a tip on the ip
          if you know the username and password try each ip address in the dropdown box in bluevoda when you try to publish in turn. if there a vodahost customer one will work. can take a bit time but thats what the wines for.
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X