• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsusano
    Staff Sergeant

• Oct 2009

Need help: Troubles Publishing 1st page with BV

Hereīs a 2nd post with other details
    I have test my index page and iīve put it in the server, however from BV program:

1- When I try to look for it through my browser it seems that doesnīt exist! Do I need to do something before in the cpanel to make visible the page in the WEB? Or is just a matter of time? Or do I need to do something more elsewhere to make it public?

The page is not seen when I look for it in my browser. In my Bill VBS - My domains - Configure DNS Servers - I have n17.vodahost.com and n18.vodahost.com and Use the Following Name-Servers selected.
    Do I have to change these names by the DNS numbers (288.56 etc) from the Login email?
    Do I have to choose the option Use Standard Name-Services ?
    Thatīs why i can not see the page (even without frames or photos) in the web?

2- When I try to Edit the index page from the VodaHorst server I can see only the text there: no frame, no photos...just text. I just need to publish the index page or do I need to upload some files more (image files, template files, etc) to see more than a text page?

In fact I can see the page by clicking the index.html icon in BlueFTP server but without the frame and the photos. Why the photos are not in the page if they have been uploaded from BV too is the question.
    Moreover, when I click on the place of where supposed to be publish a photo and ask for properties I read this:
    file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Rui/DEFINI~1/Temp/images/bv01706.png
    Strange, because it was not supposed that BV was looking for the photos in my own PC!!!!
    What am I supposed to do?

Tx
    Rui
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: Need help: Troubles Publishing 1st page with BV

i dont want to seem to be rude, but it sounds like you have to start and watch some of the tutorial videos. short form:
    1. build your page on your computor using blue voda website builder. make sure your images and text are as you want them. proper size etc....
    2. save you home page as index - no caps, no spaces
    3. publish your index page first - make sure your ip address, username and password is exactly as in the login letter that you received when you paid your hosting fee.
    the most important thing you can do right now and as a very smart person told me when i started. walk slowly. put one picture on the index page, save it and publish it. then if that works, put a 2nd item on the page, save it and then publish it. slow down, have some wine and enjoy yourself.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• rsusano
      Staff Sergeant

• Oct 2009

Arrfff! Iīve donne all that already! When I publish the page BV upload the templates and the photos...or I have to do that too? (I tryed in the both ways too).

Comment

• mrmagoo144
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

well if you have them published why not send a link maybe we can see something more going on. yes bv uploads all the components on your page so you dont have to do anything but publish the page
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
        X