• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niome
    Master Sergeant

• May 2007

www or not www

I have tries to search the forums for more info on this but haven't found what i need. I have made and republished a site that replaces the old site - address is - www.starrisegoldens.com lastnight it worked fine - this morning it will only come up if I drop the www in the address bar?? Any ideas?
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: www or not www

most datacenters will work with both http://www.domainname.com and http://domainname.com In all cases, it depends on the datacenter.

Up to today, i can use www in all cases (never happened not being able to see a site because of the www) and i have visited thusands of sites...
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• niome
      Master Sergeant

• May 2007

did you go to the link I posted? the site should have a starry sky and be blue and red.....when I go there it's the old orange site - but it worked lastnight?

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by niome View Post
        did you go to the link I posted? the site should have a starry sky and be blue and red.....when I go there it's the old orange site - but it worked lastnight?

Probably just your browser cacheing. When using the link without www you are "tricking" the browser as it considers it another page, different from the one with www (which it has cached)

Clear your browser stored pages so you can test again, but first try simply hitting F5 some times fast.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• niome
          Master Sergeant

• May 2007

I have done both but it seems to come back after awhile - never had this happen before - really strange lol. Thanks - seems like I will have to wait to wait for it to be done clearing itself out ;)

Comment

Working...
          X