how to change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to change

I need help. I have noticed that on some monitors everything looks great and some monitors some items on the page are running into other items like word and pictures and stuff.

I thought maybe its the browser, but they use the same browser.

Is there something i can do to change this? what does it mean?

thank you very much

try these links maybe it will show you

www.klassicfurniture.net
    www.bandefurniture.com

kevin

Re: how to change

Your not building your site from the far left of your BV screen. You also have a page width of 1072px & should be aiming at 985 max
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

if some needs or likes to have a wider layout, do i still need to make it 985, and what makes that number magic over what ever width i need it to be? how does that effect from computer to computer?

i do thank you for replying.

Comment

to see the layout in several monitors:
        1- Right buttom of the mouse ver the screen - Properties - definitions and try several resolutions of your screen to view the several layout of your page

Comment

all that did for my was make me dizzy from trying to focus the pages.lol.
          how ever i changed to the highest resolotion and i like that better for me.

i even when to the site i built that comes up a little off.

www.klassicfurniture.net this is my clients site i built does it show off to you.

www.bandefurniture.com this is another one i did but it doesnt show off set.

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Mind Game Creations.com View Post
            if some needs or likes to have a wider layout, do i still need to make it 985, and what makes that number magic over what ever width i need it to be? how does that effect from computer to computer?

i do thank you for replying.
            BV is not self adjusting to screen size. (Fluidity) So you have to use a happy medium to accommodate most screens & resolutions. This is why you have to build your BV site from the left of your page at lets say 900 wide & then click the centre in browser box. This will then always have your page looking correct on everyone's screen with possibly some wider side lines on some screens.
            Vodahost's site is only about 700 wide & this will fit just about any screen in the world with no side scroll. Remember that you always build a site for the visitors & not your self. You may have a wide 20+ inch monitor, but millions are still on 15" square monitors.
            This is why i think many banks, wallmart, & many others have stuck with 800 widths for now.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X