Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download html files from ftp

help,help...
    my main computer has malfunctioned and i am having to use a backup.
    how do i download or copy files from the bv server onto my backup computer and be able to open and edit them in the bv website builder..

i have copied some files to the backup but could not access with bv..

i'm dead in the water

thanx
    arn_old
    webhosting.gmtopthree.com

Re: download html files from ftp

If you did a backup of your BV pages/images and so on, its just a case of copying these files back into My Documents / Bluevoda and then launching the BlueVoda program to access them.

If I've missunderstood what you have backed up

You can open BV Click file>new page> from existing html > check 'remote' on internet and put in the url of your website and repeat this for every page.

I hope this helps?
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

thanx.....
      thats the prob...i did not back up...so i am trying to access my published files via cpanel...i can save them from the cpanel but bv webmaker will not read them..also i do not have dw or fp on my back up computer..

so the question is..
      can i read the published pages i downloaded from my cpanel in bv..

again thanx for any and all help

arn_old

Comment

If you want to work on your pages using BV

Open BV Click file>new page> from existing html > check 'remote' on internet and put in the url of your website and repeat this for every page.

You will be practically starting from scratch but by dowloading each page, you should rescue the page content.

It will be fiddly but if you are familier with BV then you should be fine.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
        X