• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    Sergeant

• Jan 2010

Photo viewer

How can I get my images to show up like this . In this photo viewer

Residential and commercial Construction, Concrete, Masonry, Exterior Building Restoration, Excavation, Drainage, Asphalt, Landscaping, Hardscaping, and More

Thanks ! BR7
    http://www.dempskimasonry.com
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: Photo viewer

we have a tool called lightbox that would do this exact thing. i really dont like the light box too much, so i usually put my mini pictures on the main page and then link it to the larger version. here is the example:
    www.videopostcards.info/small.html
    then click on the picture for the large pop up. when you exit out it goes back to original page.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• BR7
      Sergeant

• Jan 2010

Hi, The only thing I don't like about the lightbox is it might be hard for customers to find the "next' button . It only shows when you put the mouse on the picture. .......But anyway I went with the lightbox . But after searching for old posts about the lightbox ,I find out that if you have too many pictures using the lightbox it takes too long for the page to load. I just finished 5 pages worth of pictures ,about 80 pics in all . What would be the best way to display these pictures ? I really like the gallery on this page . http://www.spinieo.com/gallery.cfm?categoryid=140. It just seems very efficient . I like the gallery in BV but it seem if the customer isn't carful they will have 20 windows open. Here is a screen shot of one of my pages. Thanks for the help .
      MrMagoo , I like your way ,but is seems like a lot of work and out of my league ...I'm a newbie . lol thanks again guys . Here is the screen shot

Comment

• mrmagoo144
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

link is not working?
        don't think there is a lot of work, you import picture to page and you link to larger picture.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Here's a page for an idea for your images. You would still have to have some thumbnails on your BV page to link from.
          LINK
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Another option is to sign up with Jalbum.

Use their flash skins and publish to a folder in your public_html.

Security wise I find flash applications more secure against theft.

It cannot however prevent screen capture.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• ahimsa
              Major General

• Jan 2009

Hi,
              on your screen shot you show a set of 29 images
              If you want a really simple way to display these without using any downloads, you can do it with Iframes. It doesn't take so long - I did it with
              this set (scroll down past the text and "the route") of 25 in an hour or so.....see what you think,
              david
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• WSBlue
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

thread subcribed

Comment

• BR7
                  Sergeant

• Jan 2010

Thanks for all of the advise guys. I have decided to go with the BV gallery with a pop up window. I checked the box "generate thumbnail image" I found that it makes the thumbnail file size smaller. ......ok and now for the ultimate newbie question.... start the drum roll.......since the picture is opening up in a pop up window, will it be blocked by some pop up blockers? Thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
                  X