just a tiny little thing..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a tiny little thing..........

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/emma/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/emma/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

Hi eveyone,
    this is a secton of a page from my site & you can see a small
    >in the very top left corner......just suddenly appeared LOL
    I'd like to remove it! Any ideas how??
    Many thanks in advance for any help,
    david

oops...sorry image didn't work will try again!!
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Re: just a tiny little thing..........

ok here's the link
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

that is usually due to an open html tag that was left outside the html tags, for example:
      <h1> heading</h1>>
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

OK, Wayne, thanks for that....but how do I get rid of it??
        david

Comment

well my question would be how did it get there. did you re write any html code for this page? is this in a html box? if so it would be easy to find.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

From what I see, it is part of the image itself!
            Edit your image.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

What,s the url to the published page with the problem. That's just a screen shot.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Second post Chris.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I checked your page info (I'm using Firefox) and the image is your background. Clicking on the link to that image shows that the > is NOT present in that image. There for it is in the script or whatever.
                  My advice would be to OPEN the file copy page in your BlueVoda and CLICK around that area of your page. See if there is any "boxes" that appear. e.g. a text box or a HTML box or something where you you might not have noticed it was still a part of your page.
                  If that's the case, the solution just requires you to DELETE the box where it is contained, save the page and then publish again.

Comment

Meanderer: please check again. Here is the image: http://zaanta.net/images/bv01409.png
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Navaldesign:
                      I think THAT image you refer to is just a partial screen shot he has used. The whole page background is

Comment

OK, thanks to everyone for looking & trying to help.........
                        here's the link to the actual page.
                        I've tried "clicking around" as suggested & cannot locate the source of the
                        >
                        The only HTML box, as you can see, is the freefind search box........any more ideas??
                        BTW this only recently popped up, so that means it has nothing to do with the background image which has been there forever :)
                        thanks again for the interest,
                        david

Comment

Meanderer: you are right, I confused the demo for the actual page.

Ahimsa: you have a > AFTER the closing > tag of the freefind script, line 320 of your page html. So it is interpreted as a output to the browser.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

OK, George....thanks a lot! Now - what do I do to lose it??
                            Not so clever with these things, you know :)
                            david

Comment

Check your HTML box code. At the very end, after the -> you probably have another > . Delete it from the HTML box code
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X