• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahimsa
    Major General

• Jan 2009

Re: just a tiny little thing..........

So I checked both the HTML for the page & the HTML for the freefind box....I must be blind cause I can't see what you refer to.....at the end is:

<!-- end of freefind search box html --> (freefind)

and

books</i></b></font></div>
    </body>
    </html> (page HTML)

??
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

You have added the freefind code in the Inside Body Tag of the page HTML ?

If yes, remove it. Add a html box in your page, and paste the code in there.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

The chevron in red.

</script>
        <!-- END of freefind onpage results html -->
        >
        <div id="bv_Text1" style="position:absolute;left:472px;top:38px;
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• ahimsa
          Major General

• Jan 2009

OK, Chris....found it!! Now...tried to delete but obviously there's a "special way"?? Please advise ....
          david
          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• Meanderer
            Major

• Aug 2007

ahimsa
            I was going to post the same as Chris, but I was only copying from the Page Source info direct from the web. You need to go back to what George last said.
            i.e. Open your BlueVoda file for the page. Make sure you have the necessary code for the Freefind script on hand. Totally remove the old Freefind from your page.
            Go to INSERT>Advanced>HTML
            A Box will appear on your page. Drag it to the position where you want the Freefind and paste the script inside that box. Don't worry about resizing to fit the text. The TOP-LEFT corner of the box is the reference point that the script begin showing on the page when operating. (Good practice to make the box size to represent the final size on page so that your work area reflects that area as occupied.)

Comment

• ahimsa
              Major General

• Jan 2009

Hi Meanderer,
              many thanks for the instructions & your time............it didn't work!!

So, again many thanks to George, Chris & co for your time & trouble.....what I eventually did was create a new page, copying all the relevant items EXCEPT the freefind box. Then I installed the freefind as per instructions in its own HTML box &......................
              Everything is now just fine LOL,
              have a good evening,
              david

Comment

Working...
              X