Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijack of my site with unwanted links

Help!!!!!
    I have just found out that my website 'View Source' has been hijacked with hundreds of unwanted and unrelated links to other websites.
    My site is www.eventdiscos.co.uk
    The Question is:
    How did they get there?
    How do I stop any more getting on there?
    How do I get rid of them? Because deleting doesn't seem to work.

I often also get my online quote / reply form being sent to me with random junk rubbish writen in the boxes. How do I stop this also?
    Is it easy to install a copy code box?
    Can anyone help?
    Many thanks in advance
    Eddie

Re: Hijack of my site with unwanted links

1. Search your site for unknown files, and delete them. If in doubt, download them in folder in your desktop for further examination.
    2. Republish your index page using the new password. Repeat for any other page that is affected.
    3. Change immediately your site password. It has probably been highjacked.

Quite often passwords are stolen directly from your computer, especially with some older FTP software like Filezilla and some others. Keylogger virus also can steel usernames / passwords from your own computer.

For the form: This seems a spambot submission. Use a captcha (BV 11.4 G has a built in one) to prevent spambot submissions.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have change the password OK. Cannot see any unwanted files.
      But cannot find how to delete the unwanted links in the view source.
      Can you guide me through the right path
      Many thanks
      Eddie
      www.eventdiscos.co.uk

Comment

Just republish your index page through BV
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. All done. Now perfect.
          Many Thanks
          Eddie Smith
          www.eventdiscos.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X