publishing? -chrispagliarodesign.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing? -chrispagliarodesign.com

I have recently attemted to add pictures on my web site. I republished and have had all kinds of problems. Very slow downloading, and when I go online to look to see how it looks, it takes forever to come up and is riddled with black lines through the pictures. Even though it says successfully published it is not. Is Voda host having problems? My website: chrispagliarodesign.com Thanks so much for help- chris

Re: publishing? -chrispagliarodesign.com

Hi Chris I am not sure what I should be looking at specifically but everything does look fine exept for the slow downloading of your images as you've mentioned.

This is because although they look a reasonable size on your website in reality they are not.

Here is an example http://www.chrispagliarodesign.com/images/P1000152.JPG

Instead of using the sizing handles in BV, size the pictures to the correct dimensions outside BV before you insert them.

You will then find your webpages will load much quicker.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thankyou Darren- you are right I did use the handle bars this time- I just get frustrated using Pixsizer trying to estimate how big to make the pictures- thankyou

Comment

I struggled to guess the sizes until I started adding a text box, dragged it to the size I wanted it and put it in the left corner. from here I was able to look at the top and side ruler to guide me on the pixel size i wanted.....just an idea

Comment

Working...
        X