• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobbyray
    Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Advice Needed

Hi

I had a big problem with BV website builder. I watched the video tutorials and checked the help and and and.....nada. The videos were of an older version by the way. OR my copy was.....I have the latest version. lol

Now, I uninstalled the program....rebooted...installed again.....now nothing.
    when I try to open it..>>ERROR
    The error says.....unable to load file..... affilisys

I tried many times and even re-downloaded it. Same-o problem.

Anyone have any ideas? I really do like the BV web builder but I may have to use another program. I have to get my site up and running quickly.

Thank you for your time.
  • CarbonTerry
    Major General

• Oct 2005

Re: Advice Needed

What was the original problem? Would the web builder open.
    If no, please download again. However, delete your Temp Files first.
    You must open your BV files thru the BV Web Builder. File/Open Page
    You cannot double click on an existing page to open it unless the Web Builder software is already open.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

• bobbyray
      Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Once I uninstalled the original website builder (bad) I tried to reinstall it.

I have done everything as advised but still get the same error message.

The original problem was that the program did not function properly. Even when my site was (partially) uploaded. So, what now? I don't know.

Thanks again!

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Uninstall, and also remove all BlueVoda related entried from your registry. Then download and install again.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• bobbyray
          Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Hey thanks,,,,

It did not work. Same problem. The BV program will not open at all...it still says "UNABLE TO LOAD FILE...... affilisys." does anyone have this file? I need it I guess. and it is not being provided with the program download....

Does anyone know of a free sitebuilder program that I can use? I need this quick. I don't have any more time to waste with this BS website builder problem. gee and I did like it but it was corrupt and not working properly and now I have nothing to work with to build my business site.

I have to get this site up and running today.

Thanks for any help and advice......

Comment

• D'son
            Major General

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by bobbyray View Post
            Hi and thanks for the reply.

Once I uninstalled the original website builder (bad) I tried to reinstall it.

I have done everything as advised but still get the same error message.

The original problem was that the program did not function properly. Even when my site was (partially) uploaded. So, what now? I don't know.
            What do you mean exactly when you say it was partially uploaded. Did you publish your pages and do you have a VodaHost account? BV can only be published to VodaHost servers it will not work on any other hosting servers.

Thanks again!
            Good Luck
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• bobbyray
              Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Hi and thanks.....

Of course I have a BV Host account. The site is www.artrageus.net
              While using the original BV sitebuilder this is what I managed to upload and publish. As you can see it is lacking some of the page. The BV sitebuilder program was obviously bad or corrupted.

I did a full uninstall, even the registry and IE 8. and redownloaded and reinstalled and rebooted...... now all I get is
              UNABLE TO LOAD FILE........AFFILISYS

I have tried for over 1 week to deal with this and now I have even done a system restore to before this was even originally downloaded..same-o problem.

I think there is something wrong with the download program. There is nothing wrong with my computer.....obviously.

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                Major General

• Oct 2005

Here is version 10.2
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

• bobbyray
                  Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Hi CT

Thanks much.....it does the same thing. This is so weird.
                  I need a different free website builder so I can get this site going today,
                  do you know of any?

I have no more time to waste or play with this problem sitebuilder. I am not shure whats up or going on with it.

Bottom line is today I have to finish this site or I lose $$$$.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

There is nothing wrong with the site builder, as it is being used by thousands of users. Obviously, there are some particular conditions on your own computer, that create this issue.

You either use another computer, or you get yourself another sitebuilder. If it is actually $$$$ that you are going to lose, I don't think that you you should consider a problem spending a few $ to get one, even not free.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

The problem is your PC and not BV. So sort your pc problem first then only point your finger!

There are still some bugs in BV but not being able to open it is not one of them.

You may have probably set the BV setting to open the last opened page during the start up! If BV cannot find the last page you opened at start up;

This will appear: "UNABLE TO LOAD FILE...... affilisys."

Why do you persist in threatening to use another free websitebuilder? Do you really think anybody on the internet really care what you want to do or dont do?
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The best explanation is the one Zuriatman posted.

If you did delete the last used page, BV will be unable to load it, IF you had it set to open the last used page.

If this is the case, you can create a copy of one of the other pages. Then rename it using the name of the last page you had opened and you then deleted.

This, of course, can be done only if you remember the page name.
                        If you don't, go in the "backups" folder inside the BlueVoda folder, and seek for it.

Unfortunately, a backup of the page will exist inly if you had saved the page at least twice.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• bobbyray
                          Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Hi Guys,

Well that is nice....OK it works now....I wonder why the support guys at Bluevoda don't know that? hummm They could have saved me a week of pure BS and frustration.

OK, now I still have the same problem as the first program had. I can not get the background settings to work at all. I get a white page background, in the IE 8 preview browser and when published. It shows fine when I make it. Such a simple thing but not with BV, hu? Is this due to a bug in the software or does it just not function?

Is there any hope to correct this? Sorry, I'm just tired of jumping through hoops to get a simple normal thing done. Man this is insane! Whew.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please stop blaiming the soft!

Backgrounds work just fine for all users, if they don't work for you it is you that is mistaking something.

WHERE is the page published ?

Is your background image naming correct (no white spaces, or symbols, or special characters)?

Did you publish "All Files" ?

Please note that we can not guess what you have or have not done.

Provide a link to the published page so we can see.

Again, stop blaiming the software, it MOST PROBABLY is an issue on your end.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

• bobbyray
                              Sergeant

• Mar 2010

I have discovered the problem..and it was NOT ON MY end... When my images or text does not appear when published on the page, I had to go back and "move to Front/Forward even though there was nothing below it. All is working now except the BB forums.

I tried to install the BB forums. I got an error message that says:
                              Install phpBB (2/3)

The installation can not be completed:

- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain artrageus.net, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain artrageus.net (path="/home/artrageu/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
                              images

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

OK, where did that come from, I did not make it. I looked and found the file, I tried to delete it and it will not delete and says it does not exist. This is not a file that I made or uploaded.
                              Any Ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X