• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Advice Needed

I believe that you simply confuse things.Your last post was about backgrounds. What does the page background have to do with "Bring to Front" ????

It is IMPOSSIBLE that if nothing existed infront of your images / text, they needed to "Move to Front" in order to appear. UNLESS you have embedded in the page third party code, that misses some closing tag, in which case "Move to Front" might solve the issue simply because it changes the objects z-order.

As I said, we need URLs and screenshots so we can see what your issues can be.

Regarding phpBB: The script is telling you that you are trying to install it in your main folder, where the published BV pages exist. You should NOT install it there, forums usually are installed in a folder of their own.The folder "images" is automatically created when you publish BV pages.

Again, instead of blaming the software for your own mistakes and / or lack of knowledge, simply ask for help and you will get as much as we can provide.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• bobbyray
      Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Back again.....

I got the forums installed and the mysql database. However it does not work. I followed the videos and still nada. I had a friend (Pro webMaster) look and he is as confused as I am. (He builds his own though) so he is not used to this type of install and setup.

www.artrageus.net /public_html/forums/

Any ideas or suggestions????

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

What do you mean ?

We are not in your mind, we can not guess what you want to tell us...

What doesn't work ?

Followed which videos ?

On which subject ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• bobbyray
          Sergeant

• Mar 2010

LOL I am refering to my forums and database
          I am totally new to installing a forum.
          I followed all the videos on FORUMS and mysql and did all that was said to do.

The forum and database appear to be set up correctly, they do not yet work with sign up or sign in. What do I need to do now?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You forum works just fine, I just tested it.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• bobbyray
              Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Did you try to join it? Did you sign in? Thats the problem I have.

Thanks for the help

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, I did, it works fine.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• bobbyray
                  Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Thanks but we have tried and tried and tried to join the forum with many different people and all we get is "Can not find page....error."

This has occurred many different days and on different computers. ??????
                  No one can join. BUT you. ???? How is that possible?

Anyone should be able to sign up. and log in.

Is there something we are missing here?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Because you are mistaking the link. It is http://www.artrageus.net/forum
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• bobbyray
                      Sergeant

• Mar 2010

yes that does work but people do not sign up or sign in from there do they?
                      The front page is where everyone does that, right? Thats what does not work.

www.artrageus.net

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I really don't understand what you are saying.

Go in the forum homepage. Click on Register. I did, and I signed up perfectly.

I don't know what else to say....
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• bobbyray
                          Sergeant

• Mar 2010

OK Now I am totally confused.

There is no sign up or sign in on the forums page, the front page has the two boxs. Also I checked and it shows that no new members have signed up.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Navaldesign

Comment

• Alien Dude
                              Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

If i understand you properly you want your front page sign in or up seen here to sign people into or register them into your forum seen here.
                              This won't happen and can't happen without a specially scripted Bridge. And i believe not easy or cheap.
                              As Navaldesign is the foremost php scripter here he would know if this would be possible.
                              Though i have seen and used a bridge before it has been between two scripted server programs and not phpbb and bluevoda.

OOOOPS sorry George stepped in there.
                              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X