• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrissyman
    Private First Class

• Apr 2009

reinstating published pages to the BVsite builder

My computer got a virus thus I had to reinstall all the programs and lost all data of my published webpage.
    I have managed to upload my webpage from the net to the BV using "file-new-from existing htmel page-remote" putting for instance: http://www.chriseshop.com/books.html and it comes on fine, BUT:
    a-Coloring is not as it is supposed to be. It is in degrading from left to right or wrong colour.
    b- some of the buttons have "form" or "html" instead of the actual button
    c-some buttons do not come up as such but just with text underlined and in blue
    d-the templates and buttons are overlapping each other even after I adjust the size of the page.

domainname:chriseshop.com
    accountnumber:33608
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: reinstating published pages to the BVsite builder

Unfortunately! unless you had back ups the items you have mentioned will have to be corrected manually. This can quite often be quicker starting again & creating a template to copy each page from.
    Would also be worth setting up a back up to auto/increment a back up to another device daily.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• chrissyman
      Private First Class

• Apr 2009

I see. So I guess I better not touch what has been published already and just redo the pages "under construction" from scratch. Too bad. I was hoping that the webhosting service would have provided a secured backup through Cpanel, but the only thing that I can get there are the different items on each page. The whole published page cannot be accessed. I did have a back up of it all, but it still doesn't function properly.

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Not sure why your back ups are not working? You might with older versions of BV have a few image match up problems. But beyond this it should be ok.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• chrissyman
          Private First Class

• Apr 2009

that is exactly it. The images do not come up as they should. The buttons comes up as "html"format, colouring is not right, pics are overlapping each other aswell as the text, it's just as if the page has been shrunk .And since there is a lot of pictures to do, It will take me some time. Too bad, I guess. But I'll get through with it.

Comment

Working...
          X