• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobbyray
    Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Forum setup problems

Hi,
    I am trying to install and setup the forums on my business site. www.artrageus.net I am totally new to this. I need help.

1.) I have downloaded the Filezilla FTP program.
    I can not get it connected to the server at bluevoda.

2.) I have downloaded the forum. It is installed on my com in bluevoda.
    It only shows up though on BV FTP when I am connected. ????

With the forum, I have not set up yet;;;; config .......I am not sure what to do. The forum files are not showing on my computer. ???? They do show up on the (BV FTP) Site dir Public_html//Forum folder from the root directory. I can see the config.php file there.

Is this normal? Do I simply config it? and then set it all up.

Thanks for your help and time.....
  • glendene
    Major

• Jul 2008

Re: Forum setup problems

Hmmm. you have some issues with your site. I am sorry I can not answer your Q regarding Forum building but I would like to offer some positive feedback if you will accept it.
    Personally, I don't like "glass buttons" because they are not Google Friendly. When I clicked on your "about us" link, it opened in a new window. Not good. Change your page settings to "blank" or just leave it empty. I like the overall look of your site and good luck!
    The Female Zone

Comment

• bobbyray
      Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Glendene,

Thank you! Yes, I do need opinions and input. The glass buttons??? humm so be it..... pretty is not always best is it? I will work on that. I have not finished building the site yet and have a lot to tweek but I have to get the forums going first......hehe

Thank you again for your truths and opinion. I am on it.

BRAY

Comment

• Alien Dude
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Which forum software program did you use.
        all the forums come in a folder which the the contents of which should be upload with your favourite ftp manager to a folder on your server ie: yourdomain.com/forum/

if you have downloaded the forum and intend to install manually there will be a install folder within the package, which will run though the install process you will need to have set up a database in c-panel for this to work,

If you can give us the URL to the forum we could check it out, or if you have any questions regarding this process post in the Start your own community forum
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X