PayPal in lightbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal in lightbox?

First, thank you VodaHost for the support and patience your team have given me, it is appreciated. Second, I need the peanut gallery to critique the site, please be gentle I did it for the wife of 46 years.
    I want to add PayPal on the site www.fineartbycheri.com but I need to know if I have to put a separate "buy now" button on each picture? Can I put the button over the lightbox and have it work with the selected picture? I'm not clear if I can set up a PayPal page and have the buyer select the item by name and put in the price themselves.
    Thanks in advance'
    Cal

Re: PayPal in lightbox?

Putting a Paypal button by each item is probably the way to go,
    yet you can use one button with a drop down box but this relies on the customer remembering the name of the item they want.

On the critique part, i see you have a wide-screen monitor at home and have built to fit it. Nice but not everyone has one as of yet so pages should be built to a max of 1000 to 1024 wide.
    some of your links open new browser windows all links within your own site should with some exceptions should open in the same window.
    Your images on the Gallery page have been reduced in size using the handles this is not a good idea as it does not not reduce the file size and load time, take the Bless this Child (2) image original size 596 x 768 and is 499kb and that is just 1 of 19 images resulting in slow load time for those with limited internet access. reducing the size of the image before placing it on the page using a good photo editing program or pixreizer will help is will also help when view the image in the lightbox, ( Had to scroll ways on one image ) you also need to place watermarks on these images to help protect them against theft. A program like photoshop or paint.net will help there.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I'll work on them. There are watermarks on the pics, maybe I have them too transparent. I thought about opening the pages in the same window. To do this is it just a matter of taking out the "blank" option? Now I have to copy your note and print it out. Did the site on my laptop. When I opened it on my PC I had the problem of oversize, just reduced the size of the pages, lower right hand corner of the screen.
      The question still remains, can I use the PayPal button in the lightbox? I will put one on each pic if it works.

Cal

Comment

Hi Cal,
        ditto to what's already been said +.....

About: link not working....could be because you have .htmll at the end of the link :)
        Contact: your beautiful painting is covering the text a little
        Gallery: the text- Original Oil Paintings could nudge up a tad so the 'g' is not covering the painting....Bless this child has " after but not before?........Timeless Elegance has a 'T' repeating at the end
        Classes: is 'untitled' + all the experts advise NOT to post your email address on a site....use a "mail to" form
        Purchase: the buyers personal PayPal - there needs to be an ' here somewhere...either before or after the s

Otherwise - good job &..................I think your work is truly amazing!!
        Good luck,
        david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks again, all advise is welcome. I'll make the changes.
          Cal

Comment

Working...
          X