• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cal Martell
    Corporal

• Feb 2010

Backups and publishing

I have made several changes to the site www.fineartbycheri.com . I save the changes, and publish from the dropdown file. Says it was successful but when I go to the site the same old pages are still there. I did the HTML changes/addition that was sent last week in the "potential problem" mail. The really confusiing part for me is that all the 'saving' goes into the backup file and not the regular file. Why would I need a dozen backups of the same page? Which one gets published? I want to delete all the backups and just have the ONE page that I change. Once a change is made and published why save an old one in 'backups'? Yes I do make sure that the saving in not going to backup but it winds up there anyway. On another note, after talking with the war department on the home front she wants the picture file large because a potential buyer needs a close up.
    Cal
  • ahimsa
    Major General

• Jan 2009

Re: Backups and publishing

Originally posted by Cal Martell View Post
    On another note, after talking with the war department on the home front she wants the picture file large because a potential buyer needs a close up.
    Cal
    Oooookaaaaay :)

re. other publishing problem - sure it's not a caching thing?? Can try pasting this in Between Head Tag:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">

hope it works,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
    X