Internet exception error 12014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet exception error 12014?

how can this be fixed? i try to publish using the website builder, and when i do, i get this error message, please help.

Re: Internet exception error 12014?

Are you publishing to the correct IP# and/or using the correct username/password provided in your "Welcome" email provided after you have created your VodaHost account?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

i have been through all of that, yes the information is correct. since the website builder won't let me publish, is there a way i can upload the same page using ftp without losing the content on the page? i really need help

Comment

Originally posted by mark143 View Post
        i have been through all of that, yes the information is correct. since the website builder won't let me publish, is there a way i can upload the same page using ftp without losing the content on the page? i really need help
        No. BV needs to be published with the built in publisher which converts the .bvp files into .html files.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Is this a page built with the BV web builder or is it a 3rd party file.
          I had similar problems when first using BV. (5 years ago) It was always a problem with how I was using the software.
          Carefully check that you are transposing the username/password data from your Welcome email. It's easy to transpose characters. I know, I've done it more than once.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Thank you, no iam doing everything correct, the user name and password is 100% correct, but i keep getting that internet exception error. I know that the user name and password are working, because the connection is being made when i use the ftp, but i can't publish using the website builder? what do you suggest i try next?

Comment

How about the folder you are publishing to?

If its your primary domain, should be public_html/
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Ok, maybe you dont understand, i have done all of that, i have been using the builder for sometime now, and i have done all of that already! is there anything else i can try?

Comment

Yes we do understand Mark. 1000's of people publish using BV all the time and yet you are having this problem.

As Carbon Terry says, it can be something as simple as a character being wrong on your user name or password in the publishing dialogue box. It's easily done..I've also done it!! (Copy and paste these details from your VH welcome email).

Have you double checked the IP address?

I asked you to check the folder you are publishing to (public_html/) just in case because if there is a typo there, you'll end up trying to publish to a folder that don't exist.

If you are adimant these have been checked and double checked. I would submit a support ticket with VH
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

There have been server changes recently. Possibly that's the issue.
                    You'll need to submit a support ticket.
                    The reason we ask the basic questions is to rule out basic mistakes.
                    We don't know your level of expertise. It wouldn't make any difference if you were a 5 star General. The same questions will be asked.

Bottom line is you need to buy a hosting account from VodaHost to publish your Blue Voda pages to, and if you have done so, you know your IP, User Name, and Password.
                    You cannot FTP pages, you must Publish from within Blue Voda to a VodaHost server.
                    Download a newer version of Blue Voda to be sure your IP is on the Publish List.
                    Blue Voda does not prevent anyone from publishing unless you do not have a VodaHost account to publish to!
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Working...
                    X