• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anthony Mark Holloway
    Master Sergeant

• Apr 2010

Thank you carbonterry...

changing "Index" to "index" worked, I also had to go in and rename my first page "index" (somehow I must have missed that in the tutorial) However it takes a really long time for my first page to load (like 4 or 5 minutes) almost like the serch engine Im using locks up, but its not locked up, it's trying to load the page. Once it loads, before you can view the page a window comes up and ask if I want to stop running scripts. Once I click yes, my website jumps up and looks great. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this? my site name is moultrietoday.com
    Last edited by Anthony Mark Holloway; 04-25-2010, 09:45 PM. Reason: adding my url
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Thank you carbonterry...

Others might be able to! But i cant get the page to load in any browser. Can only assume you are running a very large file or script on the page?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• CarbonTerry
      Major General

• Oct 2005

YW
      My browser also locks up.
      Do you have video on the page?
      Remove 1 element at a time and re publish.
      That should find the culprit.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

• Anthony Mark Holloway
        Master Sergeant

• Apr 2010

Still no change...

I took the site apart peice by peice and resaved and re-published each time just as you said I should try, until there was nothing on the page... same result. It seems like your browser locks up but if you will wait, it opens after about 8-9 minutes. An Internet Explorer message comes up on screen that something is trying to run a script on the page, and it ask the question, "do you want to allow it to run"? If you hit "yes" my site pops right up. I'm supposed to have a dedicated IP address, do you think it could be something in the setup?

Comment

• CarbonTerry
          Major General

• Oct 2005

You published a blank page. Nothing added to the page html and it still would lock up and ask to run a script?
          If yes, I would submit a support ticket.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Working...
          X