Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banner rotater & conveyor belt make for slow loading first page...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banner rotater & conveyor belt make for slow loading first page...

My website took forever to load because of the "banner rotator" and "Conveyor Belt" feature in bluevoda. Is there a way to get these devices to work better and load faster?

Re: Banner rotater & conveyor belt make for slow loading first page...

Without seeing them in action, I'll suggest sizing your images to reduce the kb's perhaps??

Post your url so we can give you an informed answer.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

is this done with outside software?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Mark Holloway View Post
        is this done with outside software?
        Yes
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

can you recommend a good app to handle this?

Comment

moultrietoday.com but I haven't taken the banners down yet, we determined that it was causing the slow index page load. The page loads, but takes about 8-9 minutes. All other linked pages load great, even with the same banners & rotator on them.

Comment

Yes Ideally you want to size these exactly to the correct size h x w in pixels and you've probably got some kind of photo editor already on your PC. I tend to use Snagit (google it) which is free for 30 days, others use Photoshop and there are plenty of others.

Edit: I just looked at your page and it had some of script problem causing my browser to jam. Have you used any third party stuff on this page?
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

none. everything is bluvoda

Comment

Ok because you say other pages are fine, I'm gonna suggest starting a new page and call it index2 and move across elements from the index page one at a time and publish and test as you go.

Once you are satisfied things are OK, delete the index page and rename index2 as index and publish.

Let me know how you get on.

PS I would still resize those images though.
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

.....for your image sizing try this.....it's free!!
                    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
                    X