• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: More then one index page

Steve if you imagine everything as folders and in each folder are the contents of your website.

You've set up your addon domains, so another words you have created seperate folders in which your web pages will be saved.

In Bv you have to do the same thing, Create seperate folders for each addon domain ( if you don't you will start overwriting pages)

Now for each website you are working on in BV, make sure you save these pages in the appropriate folder. These websites can be 1 page or 1000 pages but page number 1 must be saved as index.

Now when you publish these pages, just make sure you publish them to the correct folder on the server ie: public_html/tdsproducts.org

Yes you are right all the pages are saved a .bvp. When you publish them they are processed and converted to .html.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• ahimsa
      Major General

• Jan 2009

....Hey Steve,
      let me try to explain my situation & see if that helps you.....
      I have 3 sites: www.david.com - www.david. net & www.david.org
      david.com is my main site with which I opened an account with VH
      I then bought david.net & david.org and have them in my account as "add-on" domains
      OK -so in my BlueVoda software I build my opening page "index" (no quotes!) for david.com & in the publishing drop-down "folder" window I select public_html
      Next I open a new folder in BV & call it david.net....I build my index page & save it as index BUT when I come to publish I type in the "folder" window public_html/david.net - I then save this page in my david.net folder in my BV files.
      For david.org I repeat the procedure as per david.net BUT in the publishing drop-down "folder" window I type public_html/david.org. I have also created a new folder in BV named david.org in which I will save all pages bult for this site.
      So, you see, you CAN have as many "index" pages as you have domains - you just have to be careful about having the right name in the folder window when publishing & remember to keep all pages for the 3 sites saved in their respective files in BV.
      Hope this clears things for you.....
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• steve1052
        Master Sergeant

• Aug 2009

Next I open a new folder in BV & call it david.net....sorry this is where the problem is.
        When you open a new folder in Blue Voda [untitled1], what do you mean you call it? I only see save page, save page as or save as template? In BV I have all of my pages and to name or call with more then one name, sorry no idea. Sorry if this makes you what to pull your hair out and I am not trying to be difficult, I just want to get it. I don’t see where you can name a page, build it and then save it as index all in BV (*bvp)?
        I build my index page & save it as index, is this in BV (*bvp)?

Comment

• DarrenC
          Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

When you work on a new page. Click File > Save as and give the page a name (ie index). Also locate the folder you want to save it in. If the folder doesn't yet exist, you will see a folder with a red asterisk on it which allows you to create one.

Ideally you want a seperate folder for each site in which you save the appropriate pages.

Steve re-read this thread over and over, I know you are probably pulling your hair out too. The penny will drop.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• mrmagoo144
            Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

man not sure why you are having the trouble you are having. just call me im in myrtle beach ny time and i will walk you through it. no cost, just like to help.you can get my number through my website.
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• ahimsa
              Major General

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by steve1052 View Post
              Next I open a new folder in BV & call it david.net....sorry this is where the problem is.
              When you open a new folder in Blue Voda [untitled1], what do you mean you call it? I only see save page, save page as or save as template? In BV I have all of my pages and to name or call with more then one name, sorry no idea. Sorry if this makes you what to pull your hair out and I am not trying to be difficult, I just want to get it. I don’t see where you can name a page, build it and then save it as index all in BV (*bvp)?
              I build my index page & save it as index, is this in BV (*bvp)?
              Hey Steve,
              If you haven't already talked to Mr Magoo.......
              seems to me you're confusing "page" with "folder"....so.....
              open your BV software, click on "open an existing page" - move your mouse over an empty space on this window & right click - up comes a menu - select "new" - click "file" - bingo! name this "file".........("FOLDER"!!) the name of whichever site you're working on - when you finish building the page for this site "save page as" & file it in this folder. Do this for each of your sites & that's what we mean by having a folder for every site....OK?
              I hope so.......
              david
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• steve1052
                Master Sergeant

• Aug 2009

Hello All
                I would like to thank all of you that took the time
                to try and help this brain drained newbie.
                I was able to contact mrmagoo144, and he literally
                walked me through the info you were sending. Sorry
                I did not get it, and thanks to mrmagoo144 I am up to speed now.
                Again thank you all and especially to mrmagoo144.
                The best to you all
                Steve1052

Comment

• DarrenC
                  Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Your welcome...Nice one MrMagoo!!
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• ahimsa
                    Major General

• Jan 2009

....ditto :)

Comment

Working...
                    X