Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

HI everyone I need help I publish all my page but when I type in my address it bring me to index of... and then all my page are listed bellow ..

I read lot s in the forum and follow a few ideal but still no go. I name my home page index did not work I remove the html after my index and still nothing it just brings me to index of and the when I click on home page it does bring me to home page but then if I click on one to go on another page it says that web page conot be found any sugestion thank

www.cndfundraising.com

Re: Need help

s this your home page?

(the %20 means you have a blank space in the name of the page which is a no-no)

If so, it should be saved and published as 'index'.

And for links to your home page you can put only http://www.cndfundraising.com
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

what about the 20% what do I do to get this a 100% or 0% what ever yes its only index that all

Comment

Always use an underscore "_" or a dash "-" instead of a blank space in page names.
        I see you have changed your 'Home page' to something else - what exactly did you save the page as?
        The only link I see that works is the 'How It Works' link - which has spaces in its name:

What are the EXACT names of each of your pages. Open your index (home) page and tell us what BV shows the name to be.

The list of files showing can be caused by publishing your index file as Index - but i didnt' find it as Index. There may be other causes of this that I don't know about.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

ok thank for help by the way... in my navigation bar properties I did put http://www.cndfundraising.com/index there no space what so ever and I did remove the home page and now I am trying to republish it tells me it is but it s not in my index any more not sure what s going on I think maybe I need a break and come back tomorrow

Comment

The link to your home page would be:
            http://www.cndfundraising.com
            or

with the first choice being the preferred format.
            The index page is the only page that does not have to have the page name and extension.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

What you might have to do is go into your cPanel "File Manager" and open up the root level directory for your domain.

Then delete the "index" files for your directory (delete both the .php and the .html - if applicable)...

...then re-publish your "index" page again (make sure your page is saved as "index" and BlueVoda reads "public_html/http://yourdomain.com/)

This will fix it every time. (I've had to do it 100 times before)

Hope this helps,
              Jason
              Check out these sites made exclusively with BlueVoda!

Powerline1000.com
              ObePro.com

Comment

There seems to be a problem with my previous post. The first URL does not have the index.html extension but the link is incorrect. (how I did that I do not know)
                Let's try that again:

When publishing to you main domain public_html/ works. No need to put anything after the slash.
                It's ok to add if you feel it will help. I have never put anything after the slash except for addon domains.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help was all my stupidity I had pretty much evrything right but when I was saving my file I was putting and capital letter for ex: I had http://www.cndfundraising.com/index.html that was my home page and I was saving the file as Index with a cap " I " thank again for your help now just a few little more bugs and I on my way..

Thanks again

Comment

!!!!! DOHH !!!!
                    Been there. Done that.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment