HELP uploading a Word doc onto the website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP uploading a Word doc onto the website

I need to upload a Word doccument onto my webiste and I don't understand how. I have loaded my document into the public_html in my CPanel (I think that is where it is), but now I am not sure how to download the Word document into my website. I followed these instuctions, but got lost/confused half way through. If anyone can help me I really need it. Thanks so much.

Sometimes you want your website visitor to be able to download a file from your website, such as a .pdf, MP3, .exe, .zip, etc….

This is very easy to do, please follow the below instructions...

1) When creating a file that is designed to be downloaded, it is extremely important that you
    keep the file name as short as possible and do not use any capital letters, spaces or punctuation marks.

2) Upload the file you want your visitor to be able to download into your public_html folder. You can upload
    via FTP or you can use the upload feature in your File Manager in your control panel.

OK...

Next....

Let's look at the example of the domain name www.BlueVoda.com, We want to provide the BlueVoda Website
    Builder as a download to our visitors...

a) We created a file zip file called bv.zip
    b) We uploaded bv.zip to our public_html folder

Thats it!

The download link is www.BlueVoda.com/bv.zip , anybody who clicks this link will download the BlueVoda website builder.

Re: HELP uploading a Word doc onto the website

So...you're wanting to have the WORD doc as a download?
    What if your visitors don't have WORD on their computer?
    I would suggest downloading this to convert your doc into a pdf.
    If you don't want to do that link to the WORD doc.
    The link would be www.yoursite.com/nameofworddoc.doc
    The link to the pdf would be www.yoursite.com/nameofpdf.pdf
    If you want to display the WORD doc on your website I would save it as a Web Page (drop down menu when saving as), FTP it to your public html and put it in an IFrame.
    The other method would be to enter the URL of the web page/document into a html box on your page after you FTP it to your public_html folder.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Will these instruction allow me to get the box that asks a person if they want to "open" "save" or "cancel" a word document. The box that shows up for the person clicking on my link is a file download.

I am so confused by all of this. Sorry.

Comment

Yes, depending on the browser and Operating System.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Working...
        X