Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about to begin a new site

hi

I'm about to work on a new website(in buevoda as the previous one),I have registered a new DNS, now what are the first three o for steps to get a new IP to publish it, and tio begin to previeu ?

thanx

Re: about to begin a new site

Do you own this website or is it for another party?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

my site. the second onw/I own a package in which I want to ha two different sites.... I suppose I'm entitle to ricieve a new ip and pssw .. Wierd but I don't know how to stat.

thanx

Comment

Go into your Control Panel and create an Addon Domain.
        In your BV folder create another folder named for site #2.
        All the files for the new domain will be stored there.
        You will publish to public_html/addondomain
        Use your current password/username
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

dane. but when the new one takes the place the previous site.
          this is what I've done: a new addondomain is been created/go to bluevoda and save the index/I've tried to pubblish,get the right IP ( the same of the previous one)insert the my user and passw and it's been pubblished succefully.But when I clik for the main domain appears nthe new one.... For now I deleted the new addondomain.

nb : worked on a different com***ter from where the main site is stored

thanx for your patience

Comment

hi
            my main domain has been replace by the new one... I'm scare the h.. what shoul i do ? I've cancelled the add-on and it apperas still in the place of the main one... please help me

Comment

Re-establish your addon in CP because that is correct.

Sounds like you're publishing incorrectly

Primary site you publish to public_html/
              Addon site you publish to public_html/myaddondomain.com (or whatever the domain is dot whatever)

When you hit that publish icon, a publishing dialogue box will pop up,..yes? You will have to manally type in myaddondomain.com on the end of public_html/

I hope that helps.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks DC
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

I first pubblished on the default IP and gave me a 12015/12014 error ,than I manually got the correct IP (the one it pops up publishing tha main site)than mannully I pubblished on public_html/addon......org... on that point instead of my site ( main ) there is the index of the addon..
                  I repubblished all pages of the main sit but nothing happen...

should I republish all pages to a publish-html/maindomain.org ?
                  nb.I used two different com***ter.

Comment

We need to see both sites. Please furnish the URL's.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

to make everything more clear following are step by step what I did:
                      {I did what following using a different com***ter from the one the files of my main site iare stored in}....
                      1)from cp I add a new add-on domain ( given passw.... )
                      2)create a folder for the files
                      3) create in bv an index page (just an immage)put page name/meta/description
                      4)previeu is fine
                      5)trying publishing got a 12015/12014 error.-no way to publish the page-Than I noticed the IP in the pop up windows is not the same I used to publish my main site with.So I put manully IP(the one shows up publishing my main site)user(the same)passw(same) add writing public_html/addondomainname.org/// at this point it's been successfully published,but.. clicking my main site'url got the add on index.Than I deleted the add on domain/erased the file from the public_html folder... but cliking my primary site the add on is still there.. Anyhow at this point the url are : www.lambs5x1000aglianimali.org (main) www.lambsgiornalinodelcanile.org ( add-on deleted)..I republished all the main site pages ( using the right com***ter.the one where the files are stored in) but nothing.......the new index is still there..
                      please is there a way to have my site back ??

thank you all

Comment

I have no idea what I should be looking at because this the first time you gave us the urls

Anyhow, I can see a animated cartoon with someone or something ring a bell.

If this is incorrect, publish your original 'index' page to 'public_html'. If the wrong page is still showing, press F5 to refresh your browser.

I know you have deleted your addon but you mentioned earlier you could see index of files, which isn't unusual. Did you save and publish the 'index' page all in lower case letters, my guess is you didn't.
                        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

the page you've seen is incorrect. I've republished the correct index more than one time ( successfully published).. but is still there. Browsers seems working fine.sounds like a new index replaced the old one.I ve deleted the add on domain and there is non trace of the file in public_html. isn't a metter of different com***ter where operations come from ??

I really dont' know what to do

Comment

hi you gave me the right hint and I solved the problem..thank you !! now I about to venture one more time,I might need some more help. for now thanx a lot

Comment

Working...
                            X