• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gadgetct
    Corporal

• Jun 2010

Publish and Hyperlink problems

Hello
    I am having trouble to publish my pages and hyperlinks, it has been over 48 hrs and many email back and forward by the support team, and I am getting no where, still can fix it. I am try to publish 15-20 pages on to my site, only two pages work and all others are broken link (HTML). I did clear the cache of my browser and reboot the PC, (Tried 3 PC).
    The problems is the support team got different people answer the email each time I just repeat answering the same question they have ask before.
    Anyway I just want it to work, I have my site information below, hope some of you can tell me why, and many many thanks (So close to crazy) :(

• Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Publish and Hyperlink problems

We see these types of errors every day here and it's usually a very simple human error that we have ALL made at some point so don't worry...

Basically you must check carefully the following.

1) That ALL pages are published

2) That the page name reflects the url extension.

For example. If you have a page called 'products' then at the end of your domain name in your link you would add /products.html

If you put /Products.html (i.e. with an uppercase P) it won't work.

If you have an underscore in the page name, again make sure you link it that way. e.g. a page called new_products must be linked as 'new_products.html' and not newproducts.html

So I would suggest you look very carefully at the page names and what you have linked them as first.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• gadgetct
      Corporal

• Jun 2010

Hi Ramsey
      Yep, I have done all of that, www.pacificwatersoftener.com/categories.html for all the link pages, only 2 pages is working, so I am assuming I have done all the links right, since that is 2 pages working, but why not others it is pretty much the same pages. thank you for the prompt response.

www,pacificwatersoftener.com

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by gadgetct View Post
        Hi Ramsey
        Yep, I have done all of that, www.pacificwatersoftener.com/categories.html for all the link pages, only 2 pages is working, so I am assuming I have done all the links right, since that is 2 pages working, but why not others it is pretty much the same pages. thank you for the prompt response.

www,pacificwatersoftener.com
        Your link to the affected pages are wrong.

This link must be directed to the page itself

http://www.pacificwatersoftener.com/categories.html is wrong

Change it like so:

" http://www.pacificwatersoftener.com/water_softener.html" to the product page.

Read more.............
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• gadgetct
          Corporal

• Jun 2010

zuriatman, you mean I can't have a page link as " Categories" name after the domain? I will use it in the "menu bar" links. by the way I follow your suggestion before publishing go to "Verify links" found some pages "URL not found" like http://www.pacificwatersoftener.com/watersofteners.html which is the page I have it in "menu bar" link to. I have follow the Bluevoda vodatalk to do the links. thank you for the help.

James

Comment

• ghanatelescope
            Private

• Jul 2010

Sometimes the heavy volume and server's maitenance period coincides with publishing process which renders publishing disfunctional. I have experienced those moments when I even went to the tools to increase the number of backups to no avail. I usually wait till the volume goes down, copy and save the entire page, delete and type one or two words to publish as a test, then paste the original materials, save and republish. It usually works.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by ghanatelescope View Post
              Sometimes the heavy volume and server's maitenance period coincides with publishing process which renders publishing disfunctional. I have experienced those moments when I even went to the tools to increase the number of backups to no avail. I usually wait till the volume goes down, copy and save the entire page, delete and type one or two words to publish as a test, then paste the original materials, save and republish. It usually works.

What on earth are you talking about?
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• gadgetct
                Corporal

• Jun 2010

Hi After 72 hrs Bluevoda finally got most of my pages up and showing, would this happen if the future? Bluevoda is the only one can do publishing for customer, because I have ask these questions, they never answer it. switch to another host keeps come up in my mind. hope don't have to.

Comment

• Antonio878
                  Master Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Originally posted by gadgetct View Post
                  Hi After 72 hrs Bluevoda finally got most of my pages up and showing, would this happen if the future? Bluevoda is the only one can do publishing for customer, because I have ask these questions, they never answer it. switch to another host keeps come up in my mind. hope don't have to.
                  This actually rarely happens, I am always able to publish pages to my site properly, yes in a blue moon vodahost has to restart my server but thats rarely, so don't think about switching vodahost is very reliable at doing there job. So stay, and I bet you will begin to like it more and more.
                  Check out:
                  Great Windmill (A Place Where You Can Have Fun!)

You can do so much on the website, check it out!

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                    Major General

• Oct 2005

I've been here 5 years with a dozen websites. I've NEVER had a publishing problem other than a mistake I made.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi
                    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                      Major General

• Oct 2005

noma123