• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apctech
    Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2010

How to do a welcome page

Just want to know how to put a welcome page on my web site.. You know those pages that you press enter to go to the home page after the intro

please if you know how i will be so thankfull
  • Tom Finley
    Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Re: How to do a welcome page

Sounds like you're talking about a flash video that has an embedded link to a second page. The welcome page would be your index page and the second page would look more like a traditional index page but would be named something else. I don't know if there are free generic welcoming flash videos you could use, but you might try googling for that. Otherwise, you need someone to make the video--yourself or another.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• Marincky
      General

• Apr 2006

But only do this if you are NOT relying on search engines giving your site a good ranking and delivering it to your target customers correctly.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• apctech
        Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2010

mhm..... if i do my index like that i wont change the whole pages with the index set up?

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

Your index page is the most important part of your website. No one likes those 'entry' pages to a site... what a total waste of time they are, they annoy people and they usually lead to people clicking off your site and not going into it.

If you owned a shop in the high street, would you black out the windows with a sign saying 'come inside to see what we do'?
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• ahimsa
            Major General

• Jan 2009

......but if you really want to do it - remember the very first page on ANY website is named "index" & published as so. Your next page (i.e. the one visitors will go to when clicking "enter" for example) will be named & published as whatever you like eg. "home".....
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• apctech
              Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2010

i know Marncky but am doing a page for a church they want a welcome page with the logo and i want to charge more for that so i need to learn how to do it anyway

Comment

• apctech
                Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2010

thanx so much ahimsa Tom and marincky i will try it

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by apctech View Post
                  i know Marncky but am doing a page for a church they want a welcome page with the logo and i want to charge more for that so i need to learn how to do it anyway
                  Fair enough ; - )

Comment

Working...
                  X