changing website looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing website looks

I have a small website for my company and I build websites for other companies. I have some that are very large with many pages and some that are just one page. How often should I change the way my website looks. I have changed it twice in the last 6 months. It's about 8 pages. I get bored with it and I always thing of cooler ideas.

What should I do? Is that bad or ok?

Re: changing website looks

You can change the look as often as you like, however to let the search engines know it's a 'live' site (i.e. a site that's maintained, updated etc) it's more important to change/add content to it. Done correctly this can and will have a good effect on your SE rank positioning.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

ok cool, I'm starting to understand more about what really goes on behind the scene so to speak. Other than talking about SEO lol, what do you think of the websites I have built? be honest.

Thank you Ramsey

Comment

Ok... putting SEO to one side totally, you have a good eye for design and layout. It's not my style because I am a strong believer in less is more when it comes to websites. What I mean by this is you use, for my taste, far too many shapes, blocks, colours (that's colors to you).

Search engines AND visitors like simple, clean websites. Sites where within 2 seconds of the home page appearing, the visitor can work out exactly what the site offers, how, why, where and when they offer it and if their service or products are for them, again, within seconds.

It's as if you are trying TOO hard.. and don't get me wrong, I only say this to you as I was just like you too.. we all were... You'll learn as time goes by that the simpler you make the site, the more professional it will look, the more the client will like it, and the less they'll want to change, and the more your websites will get favoured by Google ; - )

If you have your heart in this then keep at it, you won't regret it.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

awesome thank you Ramsey

Comment

Blue Voda is a fantastic tool, however, especially when you first use it, it's very tempting to add nearly every feature to the sites you are making. Just be aware that you can make a site and use two or three features and still make a fantastic and very professional looking site.

Comment

I'm working on one for a friend and he is in AC/Heating. We have kept a clean and ***** look. I can't tell you enough how much I really thank you for your help. and very fast responce. YOU have been great.

Comment

You're very welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X