Problem with add-on domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with add-on domain

I have a problem which I cannot solve. I have a website which is an add-on domain which I started a year ago or more and have not worked on it since, It is still published. I need to update it and put content on it but I cannot access the index file in BlueVoda as the bvp file somehow got removed. Therefore I can't find any way to edit the index file. I tried creating a new index bvp file in the Add-on domain. I tried to publish this and it overwrites my index file in the main domain and leaves my old index page (for which I have no bvp file) as the published page for the add-on domain and the new index file is published on my main domain. (which removes my main domain), Can someone please help me sort this out? Regards, David http://machiningbythebook.com

Email address is dcthorn34@verizon.net

Re: Problem with add-on domain

When you create the new index page for your addon domain you are publishing it to the folder public_html but you SHOULD be publishing it to public_html/foldername (whatever you called it)
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks. that took care of this problem but I may have created another. Now I can/t access my WP Blog which is on my main site http://machiningbythebook.com. The Main page opens Ok but I have a link to Blog on first page and it no longer works. URL has always been http://machiningbythebook.com/about for the blog. I can access the Dashboard for the WP blog and all the posts and pages are there but I cannot view them in browser as I get error "The requested URL /about/ was not found on this server." There are several thousand posts on this WP so rebuilding the site from scratch would be impossible. I can't find where the URL for the blog came from as it has been a couple of years ago, and it worked up to now. What now? David

Comment

working for me...
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

having a problem with a new website , keep getting this message and dont know how to fix it ?
          Index of /

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.fat-loss4you.com Port 80

Comment

have you published your " index " page?
            Note the all lower case.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Working...