• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • susannemoore
    Private First Class

• Jun 2010

Keeping my website active whilst developing new site in Soholaunch

Can anyone help me? I developed my website using the free BlueVoda download, then when I had my site ready I hosted my site with Vodahost. I know now that what I should have done was hosted first and then used Soholaunch to build my site. My questions are:

1) Can I download Soholaunch, save to a subdirectory in my Cpanel, get to know the application, build my new site and then have my account reset? Everything that I read seems to indicate that Soholaunch will overtake BlueVoda and I am worried that my current live site will be disabled whilst I am creating the new one in Soholaunch. 2) is this the case?

I am not super technical and it has taken me many weeks to get to where I am currently so I anticipate that I will also take a couple of weeks to build the new site which needs to incorporate e-commerce functionality. I would really appreciate any assistance so I can get going on this.
  • Tomissan
    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Re: Keeping my website active whilst developing new site in Soholaunch

I'm also very interested in learning the answer to your question but it appears no one out there has it. Have you submitted a ticket to Vodahost?
    seems like a very straightforward question !!!!
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

• mrmagoo144
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

here is a link that was just done a few days back. at the end of the link i believe is the answer you are looking for.
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• susannemoore
        Private First Class

• Jun 2010

Thanks very much mrmagoo, yes I think that the way to go is to create the sub domain and then link the existing site to Soholaunch that way. I will most likely migrate the BlueVoda site to Soholaunch over time. BTW Tomissan, I did submit a ticket about this, but I didn't get the detailed answer that I needed hence the entry on the forum but I think that I will be OK now.

Comment

Working...
        X