• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pekainis
    Private

• Aug 2010

Page linking and Articles

Hi, I can`t figure it out how to link pages togather, for example, I have a homepage named index.bvp and I want 4 subpages for the index page, how can I do it, if I don`t have any of them published yet?

And the second one, I want to have 3 subpages, each with headings linking to articles for the specific topic, and 1 subpage where there are all the newest topics, how can I do this?
  • ahimsa
    Major General

• Jan 2009

Re: Page linking and Articles

You could always check the following tutorials first & then if you're still stuck ask again..........
    1. here
    2. this one
    3. especially this one!
    4. also this one
    5. & finally this one

......enjoy!
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• pekainis
      Private

• Aug 2010

Ok, could you please tell me in your own words, not some videos? I watched them, but they don`t explain everything, I linked the index page to a subpage, but when I open it in browser it shows a lot of question marks and dots, how to save a blue voda page as a html? It shows me the only type I can save is bvp, no html, if I write it manually, there are the dots and question marks once I open it, where is the problem?

Comment

• mrmagoo144
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

ok so you dont like videos.
        1. you saved your home page as index, but the linking of this page is always your website: www.yourwebsitename.com
        2. now you have page 2 - you name this page About Us and you saved this page as about_us - the link from your home page to page 2 will look like this: www.yourwebsitename.com/aboutus.html - now your link from the about us page to the home page would be: www.yourwebsitename.com (when linking to your home page you do not have any extensions.)
        NOTE: most of your pages will have a html extension when linking. the only time you would not have a html extension but a php extension is when you have a form on the page. For example; let's say your next page is Contact Us and on this page you have a form for someone to fill out. your link would look like this from your home page: www.yourwebsitename.com/contact_us.php. if you didnt have a form on this page your link would look like this: www.yourwebsitename.com/contact_us.html - now you link back to your home page would be: www.yourwebsitename.com (no extensions)

if you cant get this then contact me or get some help to build your site.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by pekainis View Post
          Ok, could you please tell me in your own words, not some videos? I watched them, but they don`t explain everything, I linked the index page to a subpage, but when I open it in browser it shows a lot of question marks and dots, how to save a blue voda page as a html? It shows me the only type I can save is bvp, no html, if I write it manually, there are the dots and question marks once I open it, where is the problem?
          Do you have a VodaHost account ? If not, you can't use BlueVoda to create your site.

BV saves the files in its own format, and converts them to HTML (or php) when it publishes them.

There is no way to export in HTML format.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• pekainis
            Private

• Aug 2010

Ok, thanks, that made things for me a little bit more clear. Now, one more thing, to use Blue Voda, I have to put my website on Vodahost? Or I can register it in my country and then host it on one of the hosters here? I want the extension to be not .com, but .lv, is it possible with BlueVoda?

Comment

• ahimsa
              Major General

• Jan 2009

You MUST have a VodaHost account to publish a site built with BlueVoda.
              As for the .lv....VodaHost is not too happy with some .endings, especially European ones, so you'd need to check with them. You could always point your domain (whatever the ending) to VodaHost servers.....an account of course is necessary :)
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• pekainis
                Private

• Aug 2010

soo...I can register the domain name here and then make a vodahost account and publish it there?

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by pekainis View Post
                  soo...I can register the domain name here and then make a vodahost account and publish it there?
                  Yes
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                  X