• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anthony Mark Holloway
    Master Sergeant

• Apr 2010

wierd thing with my email...

Hi. I am having a weird problem with my email. I have configured it six different times and it will work fine for a day or two and then all of the sudden, I get a message when trying to send a new email that my server has rejected the email, that it may be due to inactivity. I have placed a Voda support ticket and the tech said he couldn't figure it out and he had forwarded it to his supervisor. That was last week and I haven't heard anything else, however the email still is not working. I didn't want to re-configure it again because all my forms work as smooth as silk and I don't want to mess them up. Has anyone got any suggestions? My site is www.moultrietoday.com and the email address is mail@moultrietoday.com
    Here are the actual error messages that I get:
    The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'classifieds@moultrietoday.com'. Subject 'ljhf ljhyf yjf ouyr ouyu8/17/10', Account: 'mail.moultrietoday.com (1)', Server: 'mail.moultrietoday.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550,
    AND:
    Error Number: 0x800CCC78Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.moultrietoday.com (1)', Server: 'mail.moultrietoday.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
    Last edited by Anthony Mark Holloway; 08-26-2010, 02:56 AM. Reason: error messages attached
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: wierd thing with my email...

i had had the same problem from the start. not sure why, but did not fight it anymore. just changed to a private company that works like outlook express or any of the other webmail servers. this place guarantees delivery and has a fantastic support system. works very well with blue voda. i use rackspace and their website can be found at rackspace.com
    it is a little expensive, but when you need to have something that works, sometimes you have to pay for it.
    i am looking at another alternative that is free and if i get good results i will make the change.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
    X