This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing act?

Hi. I am using an online logo generator called cooltext. The logos I make with this generator look great on my computer, however, when I publish a page with one of these logos it appears fine on my computer but on friends' computers the logos disappear. Sometime you can hit the refresh button once or twice and it will appear. Again, on my computer, they come up every time I log on flawlessly. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Lately items created using the "shape" button (bluevoda) are disappearing also. Take a look and see for yourself... www.moultrietoday.com/sales.html
    Last edited by Anthony Mark Holloway; 08-31-2010, 07:17 PM. Reason: add url

Re: Disappearing act?

There is nothing wrong with what you are showing .... it is simply a matter of the specific system's connection, browser cache, and system (OS, browser and version, etc.).

When making minor, multiple changes to pages and repeatedly publishing them, it is wise to keep all browser caches updated and to a minimum of variables: clean regularly in order to always have fewer cached page versions from conflicting (especially if constantly viewing latest versions in new tabs in a single browser window).

I also suggest you "proof" your pages using at least 2 browsers, in order to provide a 'universal' view of sorts ... IE, Opera, Slimbrowser, and Firefox ---- which is the most unstable yet widely used.
    (This whole "issue" seems to probably be a Firefox issue, IMO)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Actually, there are items that are not coming up on my site that should be., some are items (squares) made with the bluevoda "shape" button other items are logos generated using "cooltext" logo generator, a popular program for website building . Several people have commented about missing parts of my website. Sometimes they open up on entry, sometime they open only after hitting the refresh button several times or by going into compatibility mode. Has anyone had a similar problem? I appreciate any additional ideas about what might be causing this problem.

Comment

Your claim is unproven, as the last time I looked (and took a screenshot to document) you had a completely different layout than what is now presently online and IS now displaying some of the issues you have been mentioning.

So, I am inclined to believe you are in fact using multiple computers to create web pages, or are running off a shared/external drive --- which explains why the images/graphics are not maintaining their source path when publishing (the reason they are not being "saved" to VH servers when publishing or re-publishing: the paths/titles remain the same, since they are simply being moved around, but the resident HD paths are different, and thus not providing the core pathways to Blue Voda as it attempts to SAVE and PUBLISH as it was written to do so).

CORRECT?

I suggest picking a specific computer and sticking to it when using Blue Voda, and to keep resident BV folders on that system's HD.

If all of the above is off-base, then the only alternative is to deal with it being a connection issue on your end: the images (from whatever source and path) are not fully propogating during the Publish process. If you are using Home Wireless (the most likely culprit), then resetting the modem and connections altogether is the first place to start making progress ...

Comment

Nope...incorrect. I use only one computer to publish my files. I am stumped.

Comment

Today, one of the shapes on my index page www.moultrietoday.com (upper right corner behind photo of Baells Ace Hardware) began to disappear. Several times on the computer I publish from here at home and on two separate computers at work this happened upon entering the site. Once I got it to re-appear hitting the refresh button. I've had no trouble on this page at all, until today. The funny thing is, sometimes it loads perfectly and sometimes it don't. Should I submit a support ticket?

Comment

Yes ... although rare, it sounds like a possible server issue.

Comment

General Vasili, I appreciate your help. If you come up with anything at all, please let me know. Thanks again for trying.

Comment

I do the best I can, and appreciate your kind understanding ...

Comment

Question... Could this be a problem with my ISP using a Dynamic IP address vs. a Static or fixed IP address?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Mark Holloway View Post
                      Question... Could this be a problem with my ISP using a Dynamic IP address vs. a Static or fixed IP address?
                      Yes, especially if more than one computer is networked (wireless or hard-wired). It is what prevents me from using Dreamweaver in many instances myself, as it requires FTP protocol specifically IP to IP. You will also see this occur when publishing to a Dedicated Hosting Account, or one that has an SSL or similar Privacy utility installed.

Unfortunately, since I do much of my professional work from a Home Office, my Provider cannot supply a static IP, preferring to offer them only to commercial addresses. Even though I've complied with Networking parameters and buffered connection through various switches, hubs, and daisy-chained modems, it seems impossible to circumvent - in my case, since I have a VoIP line for the fax added to my Home Office connection. (Means I need to do some work from my Office, and only others from my Home Office. How inconvenient is that??)

* Might also wish to Submit a Support Ticket asking that your specific IP be 'Whitelisted' at VodaHost, even though it may change later (but only if you switch off your modem for any reason).

Comment

Thanks again for all your help!

Comment

One last suggestion ... be sure your computer has the latest Java updates, and that your browsers are also using the current coding. They are the platform from which all your BV pages are saved and seen.

... and on we go!

Comment

Working...
                          X