• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

mirror reflection

how do i make the reflection longer to show more of the welcome?

i have used 100% reflection in this case.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: mirror reflection

Not really sure what you are driving at, since just about all simple Logo/Header tools do not render a full reflection of the graphic which is typically textually based: it would be too distracting to read, and diminishes the overall artistic effect to do otherwise. This is why you will see only a range of the full reflection, generally about 30-70%.

If you are talking about degree (intensity) of reflection, since you admit maxing out the tool in front of you, you may wish to find another by searching for a free one online elsewhere, yes?

PS: You are 'missing' the full effect of a reflected graphic, as they will all display some nuance of white or sheen when over a colored background. When placing one over a white background, you are essentially washing out the blurred effect that blends the reflection into the background .... try this one over a black background for highest contrast to illustrate this graphical property.

Now ... if you do this exercise, you will likely better understand the need to carefully create your graphics in order to accommodate the background color intended as well as the font style and the degree of defined outline (this font has a white outline which lacks contrast to a white background, for instance) in order to achieve the desired crispness and refined results.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• mrmagoo144
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

not sure what else i would do i have redone with red. is there a special color that i should use?
      www.videopostcards.info/welcome.html

im going to do it with a different font as well as transparent background. will that help?
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Tom Finley
        Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Hi, mrmagoo144

Here's a link to an image: http://www.clamcentral.com/welcomeimage.html

Let me know if that's close to what you want. I can modify it a bit and change the size. Vasili is right about it being a tad problematic.

Tom
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• mrmagoo144
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

now thats what im talking about. will our reflection tool do this or do we have to use outside software?
          great job Tom and thanks
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Yeah, see? Seems y'all just don't get it ...
            I did not want to even tweak it out, only because although it may SEEM to solve your mindset, it really is just too odd to use on a website: it is now twice as tall, requires too much space to balance out with half the size of the image being "dead" (not effective, for artistic or empahsizable use) and simply overkill in graphical representation. IMO

Why give someone a bigger bullet to load when we are supposed to be fishing?
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Tom Finley
              Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Well--I will admit to this: I've had Jokewood on my list of fonts since Day One and this is the first time I've ever used it! Be that as it may, MM144, I can email you the transparent png if you contact me at my email address.
              CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
              CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
              CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
              X