Disappearing: Act Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing: Act Two

It's me again. I completely rebuilt the pages that had items disappearing (shapes & Logos). Everything was working perfectly, flawless even... until I clicked on the button that housed my contact form... Completely screwed up everything I had rebuilt! Now I have more shapes & logos dissappearing than ever! Anyone got any idea how to fix this problem or what might be causing it? General Vasili... where are you?

Re: Disappearing: Act Two

I'm here. Still.
    Apparently I have no life after all ....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Give me the URL to your Contact page ... and any other pages that are bouncing around. Let me see what is going on with how you are linking pages, saving them, formatting them --- whatever.

Comment

It's me again... I am sorry to bother you again but I think I found the proble. Could a form on my site be corrupting other items like shapes and logos?

Comment

The "contact form" is at www.moultrietoday.com/classifieds_contact.php
          Everything was working perfectly. I had gone back, thinking maybe there was a gif or something that might have been boogering up the works and rebuilt the pages most affected. It was working seemlessly until I opened the contact form by clicking the button at the top of my trucks for sale page (www.moultrietoday.com/classifieds_trucks_4sale.html) Immediately stuff was gone., just like before.
          Last edited by Anthony Mark Holloway; 09-07-2010, 05:13 AM. Reason: unfinished

Comment

Yes, possibly .... and also if you are trying to link from page to page within Preview (as many try to do, not understanding that links and some other functions only work properly after publishing).

You need to keep good margins (used to be called gutters) around objects on your page, and keep logical and systematic "oder" of objects (which is on bottom, which on top, etc.) in order to not foster conflicts and heirarchy issues.

Comment

Yes .... first thing I would suggest is to be sure your email FORM is extended well beyond the general plane that you have your email elements set upon .... nothing should be too close to the edges of the FORM, especially the action buttons. Have to make sure the script works as default, and that requires them to be surely set in the FORM.

Have you tested the eMail/Contact Form yet?

Comment

Yes, Ive had several classifieds come in over it. When you say "set in" what do you mean?

Comment

I have the form set to open up inside a pop-up., would it help to have it open in a blank page?

Comment

Yes ... remove the POP-UP and simply set target as _blank

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Mark Holloway View Post
                      Yes, Ive had several classifieds come in over it. When you say "set in" what do you mean?
                      Do not have any other object other than email elements encroach onto/into the FORM whatsoever.....only email elements (boxes, buttons, etc.) are allowed on FORM along with whatever Text is necessary to properly label each element.

Comment

Thank you so much! I'll get on it tomorrow! You couldn't know how much I appreciate your help! Thanks Again!

Comment

Nope... Same old troubles. I did note that hitting the browsers refresh button doesn't seem to work as good as hitting the "back" button on the page and then going back to the same page again. Go to ( www.moultrietoday.com/classifiedsstill_version.html ) click on thrucks for sale. See if the ad at the top of the page has a logo that says "Gay's Tire Service" and a a phone number in the ad. There should also be a white box around the truck gif in the page header area and a white background behind the classified section in the main body. If these items don't appear, hit your browsers "refresh" button. If all items described still do not load, click the "back" button on the page to go back to the "classifiedsstill_version" page. Then hit the "trucks for sale" button again and see if the page loads correctly on the second time. I am finding this true, anyone know why this might be happening?

Comment

Working...
                          X