This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen my squares???

Has anyone seen my squares??? I know they were here yesterday...
    I am still having shapes made in Bluevoda with the shape tool "disappear" for no apparent reason upon page load. They disappear on page entry and sometimes they will re-appear when I hit the browser refresh button, sometimes they don't., but most times do after exiting the page and re-entering. Lately this phenomenon is spreading to other pages on my site that have had no previous problems. My problem pages are:
    www.moultrietoday.com/classifiedsstill_version.html
    www.moultrietoday.com/classifieds_cars_4sale.html
    and sometimes on my index page (the upper right hand corner behind Ace hardware photo) at www.moultrietoday.com
    If anyone has any suggestions, please share them with me. Thanks in advance!

Re: Has anyone seen my squares???

Go to:
    Tools>Options>Publish
    Make sure you have the..... Include pngfix.*** checked.
    If it was not checked you will have to republish. You may need to publish only one page. Check and see.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Hi. I checked that and it was checked. I am having time with square shapes on my site and some logos and text art not loading on initial page entry. Sometime you can hit refresh and they will appear, sometimes you have to actually leave the page and re-enter and they'll usually load. I've tried everything I know to do. It is especially bad on pages where there are a lot of squares; www.moultrietoday.com/classifiedsstill_version.html
      any more suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comment

Squares missing on my PC also.
        What version of BV are you using?
        Do you see the images on preview?
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

There is nothing on the server-side that can be done regarding the viewability of this page whatsoever, and creating thread upon thread is no way to solve things (besides, it's against Forum Rules!).

It is a combination of User systems and connectivity .... using 3 different browsers, this is what I see (which shows you it is on HIS end, and not the VH side):

So ... after following the many, many suggestions offered in the earlier threads, if there is no resolution, and no other reply from Support (IF there was a ticket submitted as suggested) then there is nothing more .... is there???
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Your problem, though not visible by me (i can see everything fine), might be due to the fact that all those animated images, in their total, are quite heavy. You also have so many shapes (images) that you use as backgrounds, plus all the logo and other images! So unless you have a fast ADL line the browser might timeout, and, as a result, they won't appear.

Refreshing one or more times results in the browser cacheing some of them, so after a couple of refreshes, it only retrieves from the server a few images, so it doesn't timeout.

In other words, this is a design issue with the page wight being too high.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Where else can I go?

I have tried every suggestion you guys have offered. I contacted support per your advise via a support ticket,and wham., just like that, my Support submission window all of the sudden won't submit anymore, so I have to "communicate" with "support" via an outside email., they pointed me back here.

I changed my browser, from Foxfire to IE, also per one of the forum moderators' suggestion. I have completely rebuilt the page, using jpeg images instead of animated gifs to give the page a smaller footprint. This also did not help.

The problem is not with my computer nor is it just happening on my end. We have confirmed this on multiple computers from Moultrie Ga. to Tallahassee Fl., and also, others in this forum have seen that there are "missing" items on the page. The problem is now spreading to other pages on my site that have been published (and opening fine) for a long time.

I am not trying to "create thread upon thread" to cause a problem, according to VODASUPPORT, I am suppose to get "my support" from this forum. I have a ligitimate problem with items loading on my pages.

As of right now, I am still trying to correct this problem and find a solution in a right way, with a right attitude. I have submitted multiple Support Tickets and all are passed on to other folks who eventually send me right back here. As to whether support tickets were submitted or not, I'll be glad to furnish the ticket numbers and responses upon request.

Comment

Here's a suggestion.
                Preview your page and do a screen capture. (You may have to edit with image editing software)
                Save that image into your BV files.
                Open a blank page and insert that image.
                Use transparent gif's over the images you want linked.
                Link each individual transparent gif to the correct page/whatever.
                You can then add more items.
                Remember to optimize the large image for shortest load time.
                If I could see the page I would do that for you....alas...
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

I'm not sure what type of support we can provide, as I see your pages perfectly!

This means that the images are on the server alright, and the DO download fine.

What else can I say ? If I can't see an issue, I can't be of any help..
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I can see the pages OK in IE8 but not in FF3.6
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Checked (ok) in IE8, FF 3.6.9, Google 6.0.472.59, Opera 10.61

I'm talking about page http://www.moultrietoday.com/classif...l_version.html
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I don't know what changed since earlier today but I can now see in FF.
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Re: Has anyone seen my squares??? Problem solved!

Somehow, the "use page name for image prefix (eg index_0001.gif) block in "tools_options_publish" had gotten checked, I unchecked it and the squares re-appeared... no more problems! I want to take the opportunity to thank all you guys who stuck with me trying to figure out what in the world was going on, I was stumped. But the problem seems to be fixed now. Thanks Again!

Comment

Mistakes happen!
                            It just goes to show you that the slightest oversight can turn into the most frustrating elephant in the room, yes?

* Always go over things with a fine tooth comb checking settings and options when things go off on you ... 99.99% of the time, it really is an issue on "our" end and not the server side!

.... and on we go!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                            X