Images missing on transferred site (some).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gabor
    Captain

• Feb 2008

Images missing on transferred site (some).

Still struggling with the side effects of re-locating my BV to the new computer...

Most pages are perfect when viewed thru the internet. (but may not show the images on the web builder or preview).

Others don't show some or a number of images on the internet or off. Or vice-verse.

Like, check these pages:

...then switch over to its mirror/sister page via the red-white-green flag link.

What gives? It seems to defy logic. But again: it's a computer. (It computes...)

Thanks
    www.gabor-music.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Images missing on transferred site (some).

You might find these previous threads helpful:

By doing a Forum Search using Keywords for your issue, you will find lultiple solutions to choose from, thus eliminating the need to create additional threads and wait for answers which may not be as timely as you'd like ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• gabor
      Captain

• Feb 2008

Thanks Vasili,

What appears entirely perverted is that all the images reside in my Image folder inside my web builder... (And there they've been since eternity, unchanged, unmoved). So, I fail to see, how does whatever path it is, won't find the route to itself...
      Anyway, the whole subject seems to me an empirical dialogue, just to *****en minds... The maze, the variables are infinite. I believe the simplest thing (although it may seem the opposite) is to just redo the pages. (If it's not hundreds of them. Then: just redo your whole site... Could be beneficial anyway...)
      Having studied the links you sent me just reinforces my newfound approach to treat this "*******".
      A thought: could the changing of one's default picture-viewer have something to do with it? (The images are actually there but they won't open with your new viewer).
      One more thing: it seems to take ages (a day?) before a modified page appears correctly (after properly saved and published) on the web.
      www.gabor-music.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

All about re-associating the current SYSTEM with the INFORMATION it holds so it can FUNCTION as asked.

Like taking a horse that has walked down a path all it's life to once again walk upon it now that it has been paved .... he must be pulled, shoved, and generally soothed until it becomes familiar enough to become routine.
        Same here . Re-introduce your images to your page files so they can travel together to the server.

Comment

• gabor
          Captain

• Feb 2008

Explain "re-introduce", please.
          www.gabor-music.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

PUBLISH!

One last suggestion > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/347862-post2.html

Comment

Working...
            X