• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raccoon19
    Private

• Sep 2010

Download old website

Hi everyone, I am just a new member to the site and hopefully will be asking a lot of questions in the next few weeks or so.
    As I already have a website which is made by using a free program from Ewisoft on my laptop which is an XP machine. I have now bought a windows7 desktop and really enjoy the new toy.
    As Ewisoft wants a fee for me getting a windows7 version I have decided to try a diferent piece of software and reading about this one I looked at it and like the simplicity of the way it works with the user.
    Now my question today is "Can I download my site onto the Bluevoda software and then alter it all or will I have to start from the bigining and build it all up with Bluevoda. I have been working with my site for a couple years now and the content is important to me but I am prepared to start again if need be. If you want to see my site as it is now please look at
    www.raccoon.talktalk.****
    Thanks to everyone for looking and helping.
  • CarbonTerry
    Major General

• Oct 2005

Re: Download old website

You can import your page(s)
    File/New Page/From Existing HTML Page
    You may have to do some editing.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

• raccoon19
      Private

• Sep 2010

Cheers carbonTerry, I am just about to start so thanks for the info.

Comment

• raccoon19
        Private

• Sep 2010

No joy for me. The username and password are ok but the site server IP is the one I am stuck on. Is that the address of my website host which is Talktalk or do I just leave it as it is.

Comment

• DarrenC
          Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Originally posted by raccoon19 View Post
          No joy for me. The username and password are ok but the site server IP is the one I am stuck on. Is that the address of my website host which is Talktalk or do I just leave it as it is.
          The IP address (and username and password) you are looking for are the ones VH will send you when you purchase a hosting account.

If you have paid your money and not seeing the IP adresss, you've been given, dowload a fresh copy of BlueVoda.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
          X