• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • start living
    Special Status

• Apr 2008

FTP matter

Hi,
    I have uploaded a pic via bv ftp manager to the site forextraderspa.com where it is to be used- viz http://www.forextraderspa.com/boabook.php (php because I am trying to password protect the page) - no luck yet - Back to the ftp issue.
    I created a new folder in ftp called it "boabook" into this I saved a folder called BOAv3Esend.rar.
    I want to click the book in the above page and it must open the rar folder for the reader to down load onto his computer . Not getting it right, please help.
    Thank you
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: FTP matter

Keep in mind the reality of keeping proper compliance with VodaHost's Terms of Service, which clearly prohibit the use of servers as storage or transfer. If you want to "share" folders or files, do so via email, so you do not consume allotted server resources.

There is nothing special about creating a downloadable file or folder, as you use the same procedure to do so for a PDF, WMV, ZIP, or other server object.
    Transferring a folder full of images will prove trickier, however, based on the sheer size and again the fact server resources are being allotted where they otherwise should not be.

The link to access the folder would be simply as you mentioned above, and does not need to include the page whatsoever (www forextraderspa.com/BOAv3Esend.rar) ! You need to do a Forum Search to find examples on how to download files and objects to understand the standard logic and techinques on this one.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X