• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRON Job not working

My User Name is "johndoessite"
    My script resides in "public_html/php"
    My script name is "displayevent.php"

I have the CRON set to run every minute (only for testing) but get no results.

The script runs, if I call it up direct in IE, using the correct webaddress. Here is the CRON job that I am trying to run:

cd'/home/johndoessite/public_html/php/'; php -q 'displayevent.php' > /dev/null

I must be missing something very obvious, but it has beaten me down... as I had it working a couple of weeks ago, but failed to write down the syntax.. it was so simple to figure out, that i tho't that I would not have a problem redoing it.

The acutual script runs an email application (sending out about 2-10 emails) that works just fine, when I call it up direct.

If someone sees something, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,

Buck
    The Buck Stop

Re: CRON Job not working

Is NO ONE using CRON jobs?

Is it because it does not work or what am I missing?

Buck
    The Buck Stop

Comment

.........maybe not too many folk know what the **** CRON is, actually!! I for sure have no idea lol
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I am making one last effort to see if CRON jobs is still a feature (as advertised on VODA) or has it has been discontinued and not taken off of the list of features.

There is no support for it at any rate.

Thank you,

Buck
        The Buck Stop

Comment

cd'/home/johndoessite/public_html/php/'; php -q 'displayevent.php' > /dev/null

cd '/home/cpanel_username/public_html/php/'; php -q 'displayevent.php' > /dev/null ;

Even simply missing the ; at the end stops it from running.

Try it and post back
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navaldesign,

Sorry to say, no luck... I copied and pasted your line:

cd '/home/cpanel_username/public_html/php/'; php -q 'displayevent.php' > /dev/null ;

and changed "cpanel_username" to mine.

Here is a link to an image showing my settings for the CRON job.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I get no error msgs, altho' that would be a big help.

Buck
            The Buck Stop

Comment

Not sure why you have this issue. My own cron jobs run regularly .
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X