Forms: data entry and display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms: data entry and display

I have a very basic knowledge of HTML but what I plan to do is a bit too complicated for me.

I want to have users enter data into a form that will ultimately be displayed on a table type layout. So basically if they enter their name: _____ project name:______ and so on and so forth..

So I hope that this data can be displayed in a table on their own page..

Name: Xxxxx

project: Xxxxxx

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Re: Forms: data entry and display

It may be too complicated for you, but it can be done if not too expensive to have done for you .....

You will need to have a special script written for you that is database-driven as a minimum.

It is simpler to merely have your "clients" submit a formatted email and to keep the details of your business private and not online!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I appreciate the advice but this page is meant to be public, it's not so much a business for me, ideally it's a place for people to post information about these projects publicly. Therefor an email database will do me no good. If I have to learn a new code to do this so be it, but I was hoping for a few pointers to get me started.

My appeal is not to have someone write this code for me, I'd like to do this myself but I need a starting point. So if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comment

Do a Google search for an example of what you are looking to accomplish.
        These Forums provide peer support for Blue Voda Users, but do not portend to extend to advanced schooling or instruction for any coding, scripting, or other IT application.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You are mentioning "their own page".

This means that probably you will also need a members script.

Anyway, leaving this alone for a while, you can:

1. Use ABVFP to store the info from the form in the database.
          2. Have a (small, rather easy) script to retrieve / display the data in a table in your page.

Build the first part, and when ready, post back, I will write you a small script to do what you want.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X