X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carlo morena

back up a site

hi
    my computer got broken (hard disk gone).This was the place where my site was (all the files gone).I have no copies.I tried to back up a portion of the site from the panel (.zip ) ..the files (except immagies)are .php or .html extentions. I suppose I need .bv to edit the files..in other words is there a way to have my files back from the panel and the possibility to edit ?.. I guess I should redo my sit from the beginnig.

thank for your answer
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: back up a site

You can either download them from your public_html/ directory, or using Blue Voda import page files individually by remote, but once you do have each page file, you will need to re-format them and re-publish them in order to have full access and functionality associated with them: after the initial re-publishing, you can then go back to each page in Blue Voda are make corrections on layouot, hyperlink styles, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• carlo morena

I've just done by remote download tool.Actually there are some item missing and immages not found.The page I'm talk about is a sub domain,and pubblishing it from the pc where I'm workin on there is the main one.Doesn't the sub domain put automatically in the main site'folder ?? I can overcome the problem ??
      thank a lot

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        You can either download them from your public_html/ directory, or using Blue Voda import page files individually by remote, but once you do have each page file, you will need to re-format them and re-publish them in order to have full access and functionality associated with them: after the initial re-publishing, you can then go back to each page in Blue Voda are make corrections on layouot, hyperlink styles, etc.
        There are numerous threads in these forums that have discussed this repeatedly, along with threads that spell out the proper manner in which to publish to sub-domains.

Please! Do a Forum Search to locate these threads to find one that you can follow easily to accomplish what you are trying to do. It is not proper to expect step-by-step instructions provided to you upon request.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• carlo morena

thank you,I'll do it

Comment

Working...
          X