• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marc Sanders
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

just starting in web design

Hi,

I'm completely new to this and have tried following the tutorials to just get a page on the web saying that my web site is going to be coming shortly.

I have published from BlueVoda my page and can see it in the files within the control panel. Please let me know if i'm being stupid but when I type in to ie6 the site address - my page doesn't come up?

www.fakeitbikinishop.co.uk

Please help / point in the right direction - thanks
    Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
    Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: just starting in web design

This is what i get:

The domain name fakeitbikinishop.co.uk has been registered on behalf of a client of ours. Low Cost Names offer co.uk

This means that your domain nameservers are still pointed at the Low Cost Names servers. You must point them on the vodahost servers relevant to your account. Probably they are ns9.vodahost.com and ns10.vodahost.com if you have signed up recently. Check it in your welcome mail, then enter your CP in LowCostNames, and change your nameservers to the vodahost ones. Also as i saw in another thread, your domainname is fakeitbikinishop.co.uk or fakeitbikinistore.co.uk ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Marc Sanders
      Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

Wohoo, looks like I did it - just have to wait for it to update now...

There was a bit about releasing a tag, should I do that too? or does it matter?

PS many thanks for the help!
      Marc Sanders

Comment

• Marc Sanders
        Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

AAAAArrrrhhh! you are right, it's taken me a while to realise what exactly is wrong!!! I have purchased fakeitbikinishop by mistake!!!

Nooo!

Ok, looks like i'm off to purchase the other one! Doh! You think it would be easy, but I just finished all the leaflets and advertising - 5000 leaflets saying store!!
        Marc Sanders

Comment

Working...
        X