• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KarenCelia
    Corporal

• Mar 2006

Getting someone else to maintain my site

I did up a website for my bro's business for him with bluevoda, as he didn't have time, but now that it's done and published, he needs to take over to continue with the maintainance of it.

I'm wondering what all I need to do to accomlish this.

I've got the BlueVoda shortcut, with all his webpage stuff, on my desktop, and I need it to be on his now. Plus, I want him to get all the emails from BlueVoda.

So what do I do? When you reply, keep in mind I'm pretty computer ignorant!

Thanks, Karen

Client ID 5648
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Getting someone else to maintain my site

Just copy in a CD or a memory stick all the Bluevoda folder, as well as the emails you have received from Vodahost, so he can track password and username. Have BV downloaded and installed on his computer. Copy your BV folder content, into his. That's it

Please note that images (as well as any other material)that you have used when creating the pages will have to be transfered also in his computer, and if his hard disk folder structure isn't an excact mirror of your hard disk, then you will probably have to re-insert the images in the pages and save them.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Gumpy
      Private First Class

• Dec 2005

All I can say is good luck!!
      This is the only problem i can find with BV
      especially when different people are working on one site
      its just doesn't get it
      Come on BV ,I know you can help out
      PLEASE!!!!!!

Comment

• Girlonthehill
        General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Gumpy
        All I can say is good luck!!
        This is the only problem i can find with BV
        especially when different people are working on one site
        its just doesn't get it
        Come on BV ,I know you can help out
        PLEASE!!!!!!
        As long as ALL pertinent files (including any images, photographs, logos etc..) are copied and installed with the SAME directory structure into the new user's pc AND BV is downladed then there shouldn't be any problem. If we make typing errors, or fail to copy relevant files or set up the correct directory structure - we can hardly hold VH responsible for that.

If more than one peron is working on the same site, at the same time then they must ensure that their work is synchronised. That is the user's responsibility not VH's. BV wasn't designed to be used like that but it does work if the users follow the advice given.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X