HELP!!! Considering starting over AGAIN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • catsgreen420
    Sergeant

• Feb 2006

HELP!!! Considering starting over AGAIN!!

Hi, my website is myfamilyfunspot.com

I am building a site that contains around 1000 products and many other things to do. I started building in Soho, but when I started adding my products, I didn't like the way my shopping cart pages looked.

Recently, I saw a few comments here about Soho and also about the osCommerce Shopping cart. I saw that Soho is best for 30-50 products and osCommerce was better for more. I checked out osComm. and I really like the look of the shopping cart pages better. (The way products are displayed)

But, I also saw that people liked Soho better because of the easy to use database that holds lots and lots of data.

SO NOW I AM LOST!!!

Q: Is the shopping cart in Soho the only one you can use with Soho or can I use the osComm. Shopping cart with Soho?

Q: If I cant use osComm with Soho, do I use Blue Voda to build with the osComm shopping cart?

Q: Is BV/osComm big enough to hold all of my products and data?

Q: If I stay with Soho, how can I change the way my shopping cart pages set up, I don't like that I get a product description with the product on the products page and on the more info page. I only want the name and product on the products page. I want the description to come after you click more info on a product. Does that make sense?

I really need help with this because I am considering starting over in BV so I can have the look of the osComm shopping cart pages. But I have done alot of work in Soho so if I don't have to change, I won't!! Can somebody please help me so I can be sure I am building my site in the right place!?!?

I also need to say THANK YOU to Navaldesign for all of the help in the past. You really know your stuff!!
    catsgreen420
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: HELP!!! Considering starting over AGAIN!!

I can't help catsgreen, because I'm currently in the same position. It was recommended I use Soho for lots of products, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the shopping cart. I haven't found how to add drop down menu for people to make choices on colors - I need to be able to have them type in personalization.

I do believe you could leave the product description blank and then you could customize the page they get when they click for more info - that's what I'm about to try today.

So, any help out there in working with the Soho shopping cart would be greatly appreciated by me, too!
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• catsgreen420
      Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Re: HELP!!! Considering starting over AGAIN!!

Originally posted by Bethers
      I can't help catsgreen, because I'm currently in the same position. It was recommended I use Soho for lots of products, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the shopping cart. I haven't found how to add drop down menu for people to make choices on colors - I need to be able to have them type in personalization.

I do believe you could leave the product description blank and then you could customize the page they get when they click for more info - that's what I'm about to try today.

So, any help out there in working with the Soho shopping cart would be greatly appreciated by me, too!
      I appreciate the response. If you figure out how to do the description thing please let me know. I still dont know how to even access the page you get when you click for more info... accept on my site. How do I get to those pages from soho? I do not know about the drop down menu and personalization but I have been wondering about that too!
      catsgreen420

Comment

Working...
      X