How to display website in link and not **** index.html in website address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to display website in link and not **** index.html in website address

Is there any way of displaying the website home page NOT including index.html in the link? For example www. XXXXCCC.co.uk rather then www. XXXXCCC.co.uk/index.html. For one example I want to display in facebook the address and it seems to always show /index.html in the address! Which I want it to only show XXXXCCC.co.uk. Also when I click the HOME page linle in the websites navigation it always shows the /index.html extension which I want to stop at .co.uk! Is this even possible to do in BV?
    Many Thanks!

Re: How to display website in link and not **** index.html in website address

Yes, as that is the normal manner that has been TOTALLY missed (most likely due to the Tutorials method of laying the fundamental requirements of Naming pages).

When traffic does to the Domain (YourSite.com) it automatically will see first the 'index' page (for that is why it is called 'index' to begin with, unlike any other page of the website), which defaults as the website's first page.

You can advertise your site simply as YourSite.com (even without the www) and people will land on the 'index' page as normal.

However, there is no way to change the actual URL view in the browser addressbar, as the browser will always show the details of the page you are currently connected to.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X