• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • debs
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

edit a ftp file on bv

h i my website: www.fmspanishpromotions.com

i would like to edit a page in my website, but this page is in the ftp files within my website and not on my desktop icon pages within bv, how do i bring up the page so i can view it to change it.
    i normally edit all my pages in bv by clicking on my desktop icon then change them from there which is simple, but i have pages that do not come up like this and need to edit by ftp which im really not familiar with, i can get to the file in the control panel its just how to view it im uncertain of your help would much be appreciated.

many thanks debby
    Debby
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: edit a ftp file on bv

>> How To Import Existing BV HTML Page Back Into Your BlueVoda
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• debs
      Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

getting a page from control panel by ftp

h i my website: www.fmspanishpromotions.com

i would like to edit a page in my website, but this page is in the ftp files within my website and not on my desktop icon pages within bv, how do i bring up the page so i can view it to change it.
      i normally edit all my pages in bv by clicking on my desktop icon then change them from there which is simple, but i have pages that do not come up like this and need to edit by ftp which im really not familiar with, i can get to the file in the control panel its just how to view it im uncertain of your help would much be appreciated.

the page i want to change is www.fmspanishpromotions.us, i want to add this page to my website as this has a search box on that i need on my current website. i have looked at the video that was suggested but when i try to veiw it, it comes up saying warning. is it beacause i have a search engine on the page. many thanks for help and sorry to repeat this question but i need extra help and the thread was closed.

many thanks debby
      Debby

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: getting a page from control panel by ftp

You improperly added HTML to the page (which you can view a cached page of by entering the URL www.fmspanishpromotions.us into a Google Search page and clicking on the "Cached Page" link), which is why the code itself appears on the page and is causing the 'preview' to state "Warning" rather than the usual Page Description .... the first lines of the coding itself are reacting to the improper installation, and since it cannot function properly, it is displaying a "Warning" ....

Follow the Tutorial suggested and import the page. Once it is in your system, maybe you can copy the HTML scripting from wherever you find it (on the page, in the page HTML Properties, etc.) to start over again.

Personally, I would forget about it completely, and create a new page to replace it, and re-source the script you want to use fresh and make sure you know how to add HTML to your BlueVoda page as taught in the Tutorials ...
        Adding HTML to your Page

When you get that done, simply publish it to "over-write" the previously flawed page entirely.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X