• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krissy72
    Corporal

• Feb 2010

Code Showing On Page

Hello,

I just signed up and published my home page, well it isn't finished yet though. For some reason at the top there is some sort of code showing. I even deleted the picture at the top thinking it had something to do with it but the code still shows. This is all very new to me so I am bit confused right now as to what I have done wrong.

If someone could kindly help me I would appreciate it and please tell me in newbie language, thanks

Here is the page www.diettipsguide.com

krissy
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Need Help With Code Showing On Page

You have improperly inserted a FORM onto your page without configuring it to be a "Contact page" with a Form on it: DELETE the Form from your page outright, as the page must be published as ".php" and not as HTML.

Please view the video Tutorials on how to properly create an eMail Form Page, numbers 20-22 : Link to Tutorials
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• krissy72
      Corporal

• Feb 2010

Re: Code Showing On Page

thanks for the information. I will have a look at the tutorials. This is certainly a new learning experience for me

Comment

• krissy72
        Corporal

• Feb 2010

The code is not showing up now but the form is not working. I created a success page and error. When i tested it i get this message - 404 not found. The resource requested could not be found on this server!
        Could someone look at my form and tell me what I did wrong. I went through the tutorials but I still don't what I did. Thanks for any help
        I just checked my email and I received the email that the form had been submitted. It's just the success page is not displaying after the form is submitted.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You are still not clear on the concepts .....

1. Every site must have an 'index' page - only one - and it must be published after being named and saved as 'index' in lowercase letters without any spaces.
          2. It is improper to place an email Form on the index page, as this will cause confusion as to the names and types of pages (HTML, PHP).
          3. If dutifully following the Tutorials, your "Contact" page will have the Form and email configuration on it, and by selecting to use the option to automatically configure the page via the Wizzard, the page will be published as ".php" as required.
          4. If dutifully following the Tutorial, you will create separate 'Success' and 'Error' pages and publish them properly as ".html" pages.

Apparently you have not published your pages (or mis-understood that they need be two separate pages and not one and the same) and this is why you are getting the "404 Page Not Found" message: upon running the script, your page cannot be found since it has not been published.
          And, likewise, you have not published your "Success" page as required, which is why it is not presenting ....

It is important to follow the Tutorials PRECISELY and with great attention to details to get the predictable results. If necessary, pause the Video Tutorial and implement the steps being shown so not to miss any step or end up with an assumed understanding that is ill-founded.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• krissy72
            Corporal

• Feb 2010

I went back and took the form off the home page since you said it would cause confusion with html and php. I put it on another page and published it. It seems to be working as when I tested it out the success page came up. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X