Catchpa suddenly not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catchpa suddenly not working

Hello, the catchpa code on my web pages such as below (base of page) have stopped working.

Any ideas why this could be?

Re: Catchpa suddenly not working

Your SUBMIT button/function does not work either, Stuart.

It seems you have modified/re-sized the CAPTCHA to the point of disfunction, or, it may not actually be fully within the Form Area. You may wish to delete it and re-insert it onto your Form, making sure it and every other Form element is properly within the Form margins.

As for your SUBMIT button .... obviously you cannot use the one you "customized" as a substitution for the scripted Submit button available within BlueVoda that you can customize according to style. Follow directions precisely for predictable results.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The form submits ok (even without the Catchpa working) and all elements are within the form boundary, however the Catchpa must have been changed by programmers as on the web page set up it now shows a different symbol for Catchpa and when you click for a new catchpa it comes up a totally different Catchpa box. When this is uploaded it states on the website that you must go through google to get an API key. Check by again? setting up a blank page and please advise what you find..thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wtrd View Post
        ... the Catchpa must have been changed by programmers as on the web page set up it now shows a different symbol for Catchpa and when you click for a new catchpa it comes up a totally different Catchpa box.
        Out of the many thousands of BlueVoda Users, you are the only one to experience this?

Again, you must be doing something outside of the normal, directed manner in which things were intended, or, are suffering from some local computer or network issue that is singular to you alone.

Run the free version of the www.malwarebytes.org anti-malware tool to assure that your local system (including browser) is totally clean, clean your browser's cache (use the "ipconfig/flushdns" method), reset your modem (and IP) to be sure your publishing connections have the required integrity, and THEN try re-creating the page with new elements according to established methods detailed in the Tutorials and finally re-publishing the affected pages using only the approved methods.

* You should also visit this page set up by the FBI to scan your system to see if you are affected by the worst threat they have seen in years: this Trojan changes DNS identities on ALL systems (PC and Mac) that it is exposed to.
        Visit this link to see for yourself > http://www.dcwg.org/

Comment

Thank you for your assistance.

But please explain to me then why when I create a brand new page, the symbol for catchpa (curled arrow above) has changed and the catchpa box is totally different and when publishing a brand new page a totally different catchpa box is inserted to previously. When the page is published, the following error message comes up:

is_valid) { die ("The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it
          again." . "(reCAPTCHA said: " . $response->error . ")"); } } ?>

Comment

Also, this occurred when I had been away for a few weeks and my computer was switched off and not in use. It was working fine immediately before and on return the catchpa had disappeared from all pages. This is the same whichever computer the websites are accessed from (tried multiple).

I had this similar problem once previously and it turned out to be a programming issue at Vodahost and something had been changed and was eventually resolved.

The trouble is that they now only direct you to this forum for any issues which are non-billing.

Comment

There has been no "programming issue at VodaHost" whatsoever ... only the release of BlueVoda web builder version 12, which has the updated CAPTCHA (which is what you are describing noticing the difference in when creating new pages). If you are using BV12, you need also be aware of the changes in how to Save a page, and the formatting changes that have eliminated such previously accepted methods such as "Single page Menu in BV" and the "BV and PHP Include" that now require you to singly embed each dynamic element on pages rather than simply SAVE PAGE AS, or to at least utilize the CLONE feature if not otherwise using your own prepared page Template.

The version of CAPTCHA you are referring to visually is likely an earlier version of BV12 displaying in default as your dis-similar version of BV attempts to format the element as if created originally within the same version. It is not an issue with "programming" other than on your end using the tools you are using, in the manner not likely in continuity (i.e. "Saving" a BV11 page as "new" page using BV12) ....

Refer to this thread for more insight (*especially the last paragraph) > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...ssibility.html

Comment

Catchpa still a problem!

The above link refers to the problems experienced already.

I have now downloaded the latest version of Blue Voda 12.2 and despite I am sure originally having this version the Catchpa is still not working.

The version is the latest, a new test form has been published and the following error message comes up on the website:

is_valid) { die ("The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it
                again." . "(reCAPTCHA said: " . $response->error . ")"); } } ?> ";
                }

Page HTML (BV email Form script, CAPTCHA script) Deleted --- DO NOT EDIT BLUE VODA PAGE CODING

================================================== =====================

The forms were working fine prior to me going away and suddenly having no input over that period fail to work when I have returned. I do not think this is a local computer problem per the previous moderator response. The same happens on multiple computers.

Comment

however the Catchpa must have been changed by programmers as on the web page set up it now shows a different symbol for Catchpa and when you click for a new catchpa it comes up a totally different Catchpa box. When this is uploaded it states on the website that you must go through google to get an API key. Check by again? setting up a blank page and please advise what you find

Comment

Working...
                  X